Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BOOLYNN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Warrant for recovery?
    My son bought this car a g-35 infiniti , he paid about 2 or 3 payments on it and lost his job, well he kept the car and didn't pay anything on it because he was waiting on his unemployment which took 9 weeks to get, so by then they served him with a warrant to recover, today they picked the car up at his work place(new job) so my ? Is does he have to pay for the car even tho he don't have it any more? But he really wants the car but there's no way of paying it off in one lump sum. And what will happen in court when he goes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2011, 08:26 PM

OK, where you are, makes it a little different, Canada may be different, than France and so on.

But in general, he will have a chance to pay off the car plus costs. If not, they will auction off the car.

Then they apply the money they get at the sale, to the amount he owes. They will add the money to repo, the money for court costs, the money to sell at auction.

Often a person will owe about as much after they take the car as they did perfor the took they car
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycanadian View Post
    Try to find peaceful remedy - contact the holder of the car loan.

certified mail them a Notice for Debt Validation, this stops them for court actions & possible action of the vehicle.
    Where have you gotten these inane ideas?

The car was repoed for non payment. The contract holder is unlikely to accept anything less than bringing the loan up to date including late fees. Nor do they legally have to.

This site has a standard of quality answers. Your answers have not even come close to those standards.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 10:11 AM

Comments on this post
    jaycanadian does not find this helpful : I thought this site was for answers - not pointing fingers and restating of facts. I gave some possible solutions - if you would perfection, sorry I'm not GOD & don't pretend to be. I suggest peaceful remedy as is what the law is all about & communic

Yes this site is about answers. And no we don't require perfection. But we DO require CORRECT and ACCURATE answers. Not rants that do not conform with the legalities and realities of the law.

I've also previously warned you about misuse of the ratings feature. You have again violated those rules and the rating will be removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A few questions about arrest warrant/search warrant in Ontario, Canada [ 12 Answers ]

If there is an arrest/search warrant issued for you, what address do they raid? (as in how do they find out where you live... driver's license?) Say for example, you moved out of your parents home and live by yourself... are they allowed to raid parents home (previous address)?

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Windows recovery? Can I create a recovery partition? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to fix a computer for a friend. He got viruses on the computer and I have to do a destructive wipe and completely reinstall a fresh copy of windows. This is not the first time it happened and I am looking for a way to cut down the time it takes to fix this thing when it happens again in...

Warrant ? [ 5 Answers ]

I need help! I had some things taken from me by my x last year. I went and filled a warrant out for them and nothing has been done about and I want to drop the charges can I do this since there has nothing been serverd. And how can do it?

Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

A nephew has a warrant out for his arrest. He did not show up in court. His dad posted a $5,000 surety bond. I guess my question is : How long of a wait is there, do they look for you or wait for you to mess up again. What happens to the dad and the bond?

View more questions Search