Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawn_gurl88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Theft under $5000. 2nd time.
    My friend got busted for armed robbery a yr ago. He's still on probabtion. Then he stole a lady's wallet. Got busted and had to pay a fine. Now he has a court date on Friday and he's freaking out. Will he get jail time? Please any info would be great.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 02:01 PM
    If he is found guilty on Friday he will most likely do time. Lets face it, he is a repeat offender and is not showing signs of changing on his own. The public needs to be protected.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 06:18 PM
    What is his court date for?

Armed robbery – on probation now
    Stole ladies wallet – got a fine, so that can't be it.

Is it a court date because he violated his probation or for some other charge?

Ballengerb1 has made some good points. Repeat offenders will probably get some jail time.
    DIETGENT Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Say good bye 6mos at least for violation of probation. Good time maybe out in 3
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Without a change in life style, back inside in 6 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 x7 [ 23 Answers ]

About a month ago I was charged with theft under $5000 times 7 (cause I had items from 7 stores). The store the caught me called the police because I had items from other stores besides there's, and the police gave me a court date and a fingerprint date (I have already gone to get fingerprinted),...

Theft over $5000 [ 7 Answers ]

Just wondering what the minimum sentence for theft over $5000 is. Thanks.

Theft Under 5000 [ 7 Answers ]

My son was arrested for stealing cigarettes from a store he worked in. The cops came into his apartment and searched his place with no search warrant and then arrested him. He is 18 years old and we live in Canada. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Could he get jail for this? Yes, it was a moment...

Theft Under 5000 [ 19 Answers ]

I am 21 yo and living in Ontario Canada. I have recently been arrested for theft. Here's what I did. I used to work at a pay day advance place, where they load up cards for the amount of money they are lending to you. I took a card for myself and loaded it from home($2000). Then...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

View more questions Search