Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsmecheryl85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Child Support
    I am pregnant and the baby's father left me when he found out. I am just wondering in the state of Georgia, if I get child support from him, Does the baby have to have his last name?:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
    I don't know Georgia's laws but I know people that have been in your situation. I believe you do not have to give your baby his/her father's last name. You can give the child your last name if you so choose. The important thing here is to make sure your ex does the responsible thing and supports the child.

Here is a website that should help you get started. Please contact them for questions, guidance and emotional support. They will tell you absolutely whether you have to use your ex's last name and what you need to do to get the father to pay support.

georgia.gov - DHR Office of Child Support Enforcement

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2007, 07:12 AM
    No, you don't have to give the baby his last name. You can get child support though. MOst states are making it manditory and it will be garnished from his pay and if not his drivers lisvence will be taken away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage, we pay child support on time, which is 30% of my husbands net income. However his ex earns a lot more than he does and has a lot less financial responsibilities compared to us as she lives for free with her parents who take care of everything. We...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

View more questions Search