Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Extreme heat in the US midwest and East coast
    Naturally everyone has been affected by this extreme heat we've been experiencing for weeks if not days now.

The jet stream has stalled way up in Canada.

What, if anything, has affected you personally with this extreme heat?

I've been forced to stay inside and not take my daily 3 mile hike around the neighborhood due to the heat and humidity here in Ohio. Reminds me of Florida every time I go outside to get the mail.

The high pollution has gone hand in hand with this high heat.

Over the weekend we had a Heat Advisory for Extreme Temps, a Severe Thunderstorm warning, and a Flood Warning all in the SAME day. The only thing we didn't have was a blizzard warning!

It's hot, unseasonably hot. Temps like we get in August and not July.

I'm beginning to think this hot weather has been 'engineered' to successfully wreck the food crops and animals and trash the country even more economically making stuff cost way too much at the supermarket. The HAARP has been turned on in Ohio a lot lately drawing over many nasty electrical storms and very heavy rain.

Anyone fry an egg on the sidewalk or cook a pizza on a dirty city street and eat it? The nutsy stunts on TV are hilarious.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 03:08 PM

Yes, temps in southeasern ontario have been extreme at 40c but we do what we have to do and just take one day at a time. We are on a grid here in town as to what we can use through the week and what times. This concerns, washing, drying, using the oven, etc. and it is a good system. We all know what we have to do keep the electricity levels low.

As I said, we do what we have to do. I have to be out in the community every day from 8 to 6 pm. Senior citizens depend on me to help them out throughout the day and these are the most important people to me.

Tick
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
    You have heard of global warming and climate change haven't you. This is what they mean, unseasonably hot, and, cold? temperatures
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You have heard of global warming and climate change haven't you. This is what they mean, unseasonably hot, and, cold?, temperatures
    Para - this is NOT global warming. It is manmade weather manipulation. Get a grip. Global warming went out as it is NOT happening.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Para - this is NOT global warming. It is manmade weather manipulation. Get a grip. Global warming went out as it is NOT happening.
    Sarcasm font not engaged. Okay so you believe your nation is deliberately manipulating the weather so as to make it oppressively hot on its own territory using some device called HAARP. The reason they would do this escapes me unless it is to make all those illegal immigrants feel comfortable.

Seriously, this is poetic justice and what you get for ignoring the environment and cutting down the trees. From my understanding, far removed as it is, the US has a particular arrangement of mountains, river valleys and proximity to polar regions which means large masses of air move both north and south over the continent and create unfavourable weather systems. Hot air from the Gulf and cold air from the Arctic. At the moment you are experiencing an imbalance which is predicted to occur due to AGW. This may be because there is less ice in the Arctic. I am not an advocate of AGW but it seems to me that certain observable changes in the Arctic must have an impact on more that the Polar bears. However I have little doubt that if you researched your records you would find similar events in the past
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 06:55 PM

What a shocker!! It's hot in July!! :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Hi again twinkie here is a graph you can use anytime you want to prove global warming is not happening
    Global Temperature Trends Since 2500 B.C.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:25 PM

Hello:

What it is, is God favoring the left coast.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

What it is, is God favoring the left coast.

excon
    If you want that debate, Ex, it might be that God, who is not to blame for every unfavourable weather event, has withdrawn his blessing
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:52 PM
    it might be that God, who is not to blame for every unfavourable weather event, has withdrawn his blessing
    Hello again, clete:

But, NOT on me and my home... While the rest of the damned country sweltered, here in Seattle it was beeuitiful..

That means, of course, that I'm RIGHT in our debates...

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post

excon
    How did you get from here to there Ex when you know it's all that hot air in Washington that's causing the heat wave?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by excon

Excon
    I'm always left, that makes me right too!

Always hot in Texas, we like to share.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 26, 2011, 02:58 AM

I think global warming has bypassed Enlgand. It is getting cooler and damper every summer. The sun is becoming a distant memory. Wonder if we will have yet another snow-bound winter to look forward to...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2011, 03:59 AM

Seattle this time of year has perfect weather . I've been there twice in early August and both times it was beautiful . None of the rain you hear about and very moderate temps .
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2011, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    I think global warming has bypassed Enlgand. It is getting cooler and damper every summer. The sun is becoming a distant memory. Wonder if we will have yet another snow-bound winter to look forward to...

We are enjoying cooler weather in southeastern ontarrio last two days and lots of torrential rain. Of course, this has gone unreported in morning paper.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2011, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    You mean to say that one day summer didn't happen this year?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I'm always left, that makes me right too!

Always hot in Texas, we like to share.
    Not always, we get snow up to our eyeballs at times - just not in July.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 26, 2011, 09:26 AM
    You mean to say that one day summer didn't happen this year?
    I remember a sunny day in April but I thought that was spring.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 26, 2011, 09:36 AM

It's been cooler and wetter in Colorado, which is just WEIRD! We're looking at surpassing our yearly average for rainfall for the first time since 1999!

Oh the weather, it is a-changin'!

Climates change, it just happens. This planet is a big ball of matter cruising through space, our rockies have risen and eroded at LEAST 3 times, and Colorado will be a sea once again in many many years (probably after humans are long gone).

Maybe we're manipulating the weather, buuuuut I tend to think this is just the way of this pretty planet, spinning through space.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    It's been cooler and wetter in Colorado, which is just WEIRD! We're looking at surpassing our yearly average for rainfall for the first time since 1999!
    I'll be rafting through the Royal Gorge in a few weeks, is the Arkansas River high and fast again this year?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best beach communities east coast? [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to move to southeast coast. I visited many different places but not for long. Any ideas for a place to settle down with family?

East Coast Schools. [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been thinking about heading to the east coast for school.. Or just back east. I am from California, and just want to switch things up a bit.. I want to study US Hist but because teaching jobs won't be redily available I also was thinking about things.. I am interested in politics, public...

Looking to find an East Coast school in education. [ 1 Answers ]

I am majoring in ECE/ECD and am obtaining a AS in early childhood education and want to transfer to an east coast university or school where I can obtain a BA in early childhood education or psychology. Anyone have any ideas where I should attend? Or a school I should look into?

East Coast Universities/Colleges [ 3 Answers ]

I am considering going to an east coast college. My dream college is Brown but I need to keep my options open. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to other universities.

View more questions Search