Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autumndream Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 08:37 AM
    No credit records,where should I start to build my credit?
    Hello,everyone
    I got a question.
    I didn't have any credit records yet since I've just moved to usa,and I didn't have a job either at present,where should I start to build my credit record then?
    I heard somebody said I can start applying a credit card named "security credit card",has anybody used that kind of credit card here?would you share your experience to me? I will appricate that very much!
    *** don't introduce CapitalOne though,because I've had a very terrible experience with them before...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Open a checking account (if you haven't) and they will offer a debit card.
    After a while, offers will come in the mail.
    You can pay into credit cards, which basically is a debit card, but why pay some company a fee to hold your money?
    Concentrate on that job first. Don't get sucked into the credit dream which is really a nightmare.
    If Capitol One was a bad experience, and it left you with a bad credit rating, you may be out of luck for several years anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 08:57 PM

What type of bad experience have you had with Capital One, so you do have credit, merely bad credit ?

First you need a job, a checking account,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to build credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 40ish never had a credit card,the only thing I have against me is child support. What is the best way for me to start and build my credit, Thanks in advance!

Build credit [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to build my credit score, how can I have small balance charge off removed from credit report, also too many inquiries are on my report that I need to have removed. Please help ASAP, Thanks

What is credit? How do I build up my credit? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a loan from the bank. But, of course, I have no credit. What exactly is credit and how do I build it up?

How can I build credit after chapter 7? [ 1 Answers ]

Does reaffirmation of an auto loan build credit?:confused:

Build Credit? How? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 19 and am in my first year of living on my own. I have been thinking about buying a new car, but the problem is I have NO credit. I have been approved for loans, but the interest rate is ridiculous! I don't want to get a credit card because everyone older and wiser than me says it I'm just...

View more questions Search