Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2011, 04:00 AM
    Public Adjuster
    I have never used a public adjuster. If I had property damage a claim adjuster came
    From the insurance company. I didn't know you could use a Public Adjuster. I know there is
    An investigation in Miami, where people are setting their kitchens on fire, and using a Public Adjuster
    To jack-up the cost of these fraudulent claims.
    drmikempa Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2011, 04:16 AM
    Oneill474,
    I am a public adjuster and I'm embarrassed about the Miami story.

I just chalk it up to just a few bad apples in the bunch. The vast majority of public adjusters are not like this! They are professional and above the board.

Public adjusters make a significant difference in the amount of money that you can receive from the insurance company. Not by magic, but making sure ou are adequately compensated for your loss.

Jul 25, 2011, 01:23 PM
    That's why they call it a negotiation. Usually, behind the scenes. The insurance company adjuster and public adjuster will go back and forth until they come to an agreement. In the rare event that they can't come to an agreement, the insurance policy allows for appraisal. This is sort of like arbitration for an insurance policy.

Jul 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
    Comment on drmikempa's post
    Thanks. I get it. I guess if you get the low price appraisal. You still have to pay the Public adjuster his fee anyway.

Jul 25, 2011, 02:59 PM
    I am learning. Thanks

Jul 25, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Don't think of it that way. The Florida state office, OPPAGA, said Public adjusters get you 574 to 750% more in a settlement that if you go it alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thoughts on adjuster in the chainsaw bar [ 1 Answers ]

What do you think of the newer bars with the adjuster in the bar? I have a 16" "Craftsman" (358.351600) with that setup, and it must be built different, 'cause I can't get any lift out of the bar when I go to adjust.......well, maybe an 1/16th". It seems to run an cut okay. K

Headlight adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 chevy cavlier headlight adjuster is frozen and it will cost me $210 to get it repaired. Can I repair it myself? How difficult is it?

Insurance adjuster gone MIA [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outstanding insurance claim. We are trying to get the "hold back" monies. I went through a private insurance adjuster who helped me out once before. This time, for some reason, she has gone MIA. The claim is almost at the deadline and even though I have tried calling and e-mailing her...

Auto insurance adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I recently had a custom motorcycle, well frame and engine stolen from my household. My insurance adjuster after a month when it was suppose to be max 21 days is now wanting me to provide her with cell phone records for last month, bank statements for ythe past year, many different...

View more questions Search