Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rweaver722 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 11:07 PM
    10 month old dog peeing in sleep or when laying down.
    My puppy is 10 months old and was fixed at 6 months. He started to pee in his sleep and when he is laying down yesterday. What will cause this to happen. He acts normal and eats and drinks good.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 24, 2011, 11:48 PM
    Could be UTI (urinary tract infection). The vet would want a urine sample.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 09:03 PM
    To be sure I would take him into the vet. Does he need to go out a lot during the day?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 05:49 AM

It could be a touch of incontinence, good thing with males is as they get older it normally goes away. I had an Am-Staff with the same issue. After his neuter, he would dribble in his sleep. Was a huge pain in the butt always having to wash bedding and his pillows, I started covering his pillow with a garbage bag, and made a slip cover with some old towels. Made life much easier. We took him to the vet, and it was nothing medical, as he got older his bladder and ureter matured and the problem went away.

It could be something a little more serious, like a UTI or a baldder infection, so it is always best to have this looked at by the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog died and other dog is peeing and pooping inside house now [ 6 Answers ]

We currently lost one of our dogs quite sudden, she was a 11 year sheppard/lab. We also have a yorki/pom/poo who is only 2 1/2 years old. Since our old dog died, our other dog has reverted back to peeing and pooping in the house. When our other dog was alive they went outside together and this...

Housebroken dog is peeing inside since a second dog came [ 3 Answers ]

Our 4 1/2 month old german short haired pointer/terrier mix Elmo, at 4 months, was basically housebroken; then another dog came into the house (we are dog watching for the next few weeks) and suddenly Elmo is peeing everywhere, in very deliberate spots, like on the couch when we are sitting with...

Puppy peeing in sleep [ 6 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem with their puppy. My 12 week choco lab is peeing in her sleep. We took her to the vet because she was peeing so often even if we just took her out to pee. We noticed that a few times she had peed while she was sleeping (during the day). She does...

Senior dog peeing in her sleep. [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 14 year old Aussie mix, who a couple months ago peed in her sleep, we thought nothing of it because we had been up pretty late and forgot to let her out. Then a month had past and she peed in her sleep again. She feels completely horrible about it when she wakes up and realizes what she...

Peeing in sleep [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old puppy that has started to pee in her sleep. She has a problem with peeing when she gets excited when she has not been out recently, but other than that she is potty trained and has few accidents. It began a few weeks ago when she had a few accidents a couple of day apart and...

View more questions Search