Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taliesn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2003, 01:12 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    My period's about a week late, but I've not had any actual 'symptoms' apart from that. I did do some fairly strenuous exercise the day my period was due and experienced minor cramping I thought signalled the start of my period. If I am pregnant it would be along the lines of the immaculate conception as I lost my virginity the night my period was due. I had a couple of close encounters, both during my last period so I wasn't too worried. Could I be pregnant?

Tal
    dutchess_of_grunge Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2003, 04:01 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    Hey tal
    First of all uve lost your virginity, OK that's fine I'm hoping you used protection that's the first question it only takes one sexual act to become pregnant... If you didn't id go and get a home pregnancy test or go and see your doctor and get yourself checked out.

Take care
    Natasa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2004, 11:04 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    This is something... I am 5 days late and started a new exercise regime the day I was supposed to get my period. I also didn't get it. We're in the same boat I guess. Hope you get your answer soon.
    fj Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 08:27 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    Chances that you are pregnant are very small
    If your period is always regular, because you had sex
    At a not-so-fertile time in your menstrual cycle.
    If your cycle is not so regular it is best to get an over-the-counter pregnancy test. (you can go somewhere else, so you won't meet your neighbours while purchasing one.
    Chances are, you are not getting your period because you are stressed out.
    It is smart though to have worried about it, so take it as a warning.

It would be a good idea to use condoms during the rest of the cycle, because you do not know when you are fertile if your period has not come yet. (I got pregnant in this way)
    If your boyfriend loves you, he will understand that it is important to do so. If having sex is his main concern, he will complain that with a condom he feels less, which is partly true, but your future in the long run should concern him more than his pleasure in the short run.
    The next thing you do is to go to your doctor and get a prescription of the pill and if you are a forgetful person (you should take this thing every day for it to work) you might want to ask for implanon (a tiny stick) that is put under the skin of the inside of your upper arm with a needke and that protects you against pregnancy for up to 3 years. Or the doctor can give you an injection that lasts for 3 months.

If you do not want to use condoms as well to prevent STD's it is wise to get your boyfriend to get himself checked up (unless you are sure that he is a virgin too).
    Maybe you can ask your doctor beforehand to propose a test and you can take your boyfriend along when you go to get your pill prescription.
    Chances are he will be less tended to say no when an MD unexpectedly (for your boyfriend that is) asks him to get tested.

Good luck to you and think about contraception for the rest of your cycles now that you have entered the land of the sexually active (which of course you can leave if circumstances ask for it).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search