Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berlynewberry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Renting a room
    2 months ago I was going to rent room. I put $300.00 to hold the room on 06/06/11 until move in which 06/16/2011. I told him that I can't move until 06/17/2011 check to be cash on when I physically move in. He agreed with it... but, he cashed the check 06/08/2011. His causing asked to postpone my moving in for 3 weeks because his girl friend have to come in to live with them for 3 weeks. I had made an arrangement somewhere else for 3 weeks then I'll move in after that. And my car broken down. I coundn't drive it. So, moving in did not happened now. What is my recourse to get my money? The Land lord causing claim to be that the room was available for me for all that time. Which the reason why my schedule to move in was postpone because of that and car broken down 2 weeks after he asked to postponed my moving in... I asked him to refund the money keep the half of my money and pay me back with half. Is this is legal or what should I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2011, 04:55 PM

Do you have anything in writing that they asked you to postpone? Did you agree to the postponement? Did you sign a lease or any agreement? What does your car troubles have to do with not moving in in time? ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting room in your own home nj [ 18 Answers ]

I own a home in nj and I recently rented a bedroom to a guy with bathroom,kitchen privileges.also use of livingroom.my house is small.I have a room there but have not slept there since he has been there because I'm staying at a sick friends house to help her for a short time.I let him put what was...

I am renting a room in an apartment I leased. When we say 'room' what does it cover? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is not paying rent for 2 months now and has decided to play the system. Now I would want to stop his use of the kitchen and all the things I own that are in the kitchen and other common area such as fridge, extra closet in the living room, more closet spaces in kitchen,...

Evection of a person renting a room in a house we are renting to another person [ 2 Answers ]

We rented to a man we know for a low amount , he was suppose to fix up the prooperty for a year then raise the rent . He asked if he could rent out one of the rooms for 200.00 a month to a friend of his, we said OK and that would make up for not reasing the rent. Now the person has not paid the...

I am the owner of the 2bed room flat and one room I am renting to one lady since last [ 2 Answers ]

I am the owner of the 2bed room flat and one room I am renting to one lady since last 1 year without signing any contract(Verbal only)and now I want my room back so asked the lady to move within 1 month notice but she is saying she wants 3 months notice and I am not sure whether she can move after...

Renting a room in a house [ 3 Answers ]

What are the legalities if I were to rent out a room short term, just to people on vacation for a week or so here and there (maybe a total of 1 or 2 weeks per month). No food included. Besides submitting the income from this on my tax returns, would I need to do anything else? I'm thinking of...

View more questions Search