Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Acidron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Acv drink for constipation
    I have suffered from terrible consipation for awhile now. My stomach gets so bloated at times as well. I think it may be stress (my husband died last year and I have 2 kids) but I really need something to get my digestion going. Anybody ever use it for this reason?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Vinegar is good for digestion, yes, even acid reflux, paradoxically. You only need about 2 oz a day, and it doesn't have to be cider.
    But I would say that by the time you are bloated you need a more comprehensive diet plan. Plenty of whole grains (not bread) like brown rice, veggies with lots of roughage (but don't overcook the cabbage family (brocoli and cauliflower)), and a healthy fresh oil, maybe 2 T day in sauté, baked into dishes, or on salad.
    It wouldn't hurt to start all this also with a little Beano and Colace for a week, without knowing how long it's been since you've been constipated.

And of course avoid red meats and fried foods and refined starches and desserts. And walk, walk, walk, with exaggerated strides.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 26, 2011, 02:25 AM

I use ACV in my diet but not particularly for constipation.
    One thing I do find very effective if that is a problem is a little root ginger. I usually add mine to a mixture of fruits and make a smoothie.
    Do make sure you are eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg and drinking plenty of water too.
    It might also be worth while trying to keep a note of what you have been eating whenever you get bloating in case a particular food is triggering it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ACV- apple cider vinegar [ 6 Answers ]

On the 13th of this month I began drinking acv to drop a few inches for an upcoming wedding in June.. but I also notice I have an increase in cm and libido for the past few days. Is this supposed to happen too? ;) I do know it has worked for my yeast infection! Can it really work this way or is it...

My dog won't drink water. He's afraid. How do I get him to drink? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog recently has been sick. He started throwing everything up. I went to the vet, and they gave me some anti-vommit pills for him. I've been feeding him rice with a little hamburger in it for the last two days. The problem is he won't drink water. The last two times he tried before I took...

If I drink 1 drink on tues. Will it show up on thurs. [ 1 Answers ]

I drank on tues. around 11:00 am will it show up on thurs at 8:00am

Is it or is it not constipation? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6wk. Old lab, male who has a bowel movement, but very small. Is this normal? Before coming home he was being fed 3 times a day. Dry food with a small amount of wet food. Is this too much and could this be why he is producing a small amount?

Possible constipation? [ 1 Answers ]

For the past day and a half, until this morning, my dog hasn't had any major bowel movements. He was pretty regular before (once on his morning walk and once on his before-bed walk)- it looked like he was trying to go, but couldn't. I remember reading about how exercise helps their digestive...

View more questions Search