Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rowdy18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
    I receive SSI for my disabled daughter. I have a review coming up, can they find out
    I receive SSI for my disabled daughter. I married but do not live with that person, my name is secondary on a joint bank account. If I don't give them the bank info can they find out about the marriage or the bank account?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Yes of course. It takes about 2 - 3 years sometimes for them to cross reference, but then they charge you retroactively, if you have hidden financial information. (And then they watch every move you make from then on.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2011, 03:11 PM

A review of what? What does having having an account have to do with your daughter's SSDI?

If you want our help you need to give a fuller question. Please use the Answer options below to provide follow-up info.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2011, 03:23 PM
    I think the mother is receiving SSI for herself, with a review every 6 months, and the child receives SSDI?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I think the mother is receiving SSI for herself, with a review every 6 months, and the child receives SSDI?
    Except this was posted in the Credit forum. Why don't we wait for the OP to clarify instead of speculating?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

The father is disabled but does not receive social security nor SSI [ 1 Answers ]

What if the noncustodial parent is disabled, does not have an income (no SSI) can his order be modified?

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

Disabled and canceling my SSI [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am disabled and unable to work. In fact when I turned 18 I signed up for SSI. I am 28 now. Today I got papers stating they were canceling my SSI because I did not come into a appointment that was made and choose a program. The problem with this was I did not know of any...

View more questions Search