If not HTML, how do they get to be HTML which is
    What I am wanting?
    And, yes, I am new at this.

Thanks for listening!

Urbisoler
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Feb 23, 2003, 09:06 PM
    html
    When you FTP a file, it retains its extension (unless you have configured your software to change anything. A JPG should not be an html file -- JPG is a compression format for a picture while html is a language for writing a page -- you can't send a photo as an essay. You need a web page in html to list the jpg files and then have them be clickable and they'll open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with HTML. [ 6 Answers ]

okay. So I have my webpage at index.htm and I start building the structure. <html><head><title>my homepage of ittle</title></head> <body> <center><b><u><h1><font color=red> WELCOME! <br size=5 color=pink> now I have a matrix animation using javascript. Then I have a button that says home so...

Css vs. Html [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I thought there was a thread onthis but I couldn't find it. I wanted to know when I should use CSS and when I should use HTML? I noticed websites that are using CSS are still using HTML, psecifically tables, to do some of there layout. I thought that was a no, no since CSS came out. I am...

Html help ! [ 5 Answers ]

?? I have a website for my in laws villa in Florida which I will shortly be updating, I have seen whilst browsing the net another site: - www.users.waitrose.com/~elainenicol When you click on 'the cottage' you are presented with a floor plan, by clicking on the room you then move to the...

Html [ 2 Answers ]

hi, I want to create web pages which should independent of screen resolution, i.e. I develop the page in the screen size 800x600 but when I viewing it in the screen resolution 1024 x 764 then positioning of the page and component on it changes i.e layout changes. How can I prenevt this. Please...

HTML question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I would like my website to display the date automatically (without me having to update the page each day) , can anyone let me have HTML to do this ? I can understand that putting the time on the page could be more complicated allowing for time zones but hopefully the date is a bit...

View more questions Search