Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamodu Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Retrieve Overwritten Data
    Hi There,

In a moment of total lunacy, I've copied a folder from my computer (G5 - Tiger) to a Maxtor External Hard drive when I should have been copying from the external to the G5. I clicked yes to overwrite and then immediately realised and clicked stop copying but my files are no longer there.

Is there any way of retrieving the data on the external harddrive?

Any help would be appreciated as I spent 5 hours doing the extra work last night for my bosses meeting and I'm going to be in the s**t if I can't get the work back.

Cheers
    Duncan
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 11:11 AM
    See if data rescue can find the files and recover them.

Install on a drive that your not trying to get files from.

Data Rescue II 1.1.1 – Mac OS X – VersionTracker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Forgot Fed Tax ID, How to Retrieve? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I filed W7 for my wife (she is on H4) last year (and filed a Tax Return with that). I got her Federal Tax ID in mail. But can't seem to find it now. Is there a way I can retrive her Fed Tax ID ? Thanks

Retrieve e-mail [ 4 Answers ]

Can any help, I need to retrieve an e-mail I sent recently, I use Orange webmail... :o

View more questions Search