Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worrynurse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 02:05 PM
    Is it a hippa violation if a patient is also your employee?
    Is it a Hippa violation if a patient becomes an employee of the clinic where she is being treated or volunteers at the clinic??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2011, 02:05 PM

No.

I don't understand why there is even a concern. What am I missing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2011, 03:56 PM

It shouldn't be as long as no one reveals info about her diagnosis and treatment that they shouldn't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2011, 06:56 PM

Can you explain more, what is the concern, often employees are treated at the place they work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Is it a hipaa violation if I, the employee, called a patient for personal reasons? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a front desk receptionist for a dental office. A patient came in, was very friendly, flirty, etc. The next day I got his phone number and sent him a tex message. In the tex, I told him who I was, and that if he was SINGLE and interested then he could call me. We don't have an office policy...

Is dating a patient where I work a hippa violation [ 5 Answers ]

I worked as a preauthorization coordinator for a pain clinic. A male patient and I started communicating on Facebook and by text messaging. We went out 1 time. I told him I was not interested in him and to take care. I made the mistake of sending him a text message today.. which said "Hey, aren't...

We have an employee that has patient info and billing info in our server - Violation? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a past employee that has patient files and billing info on our server. She worked part time for an outside doctor and his info is contained on our records. We have purged them and notified the docotr, but she intercepts emails. Do we have a violation that we should be concerned about?

Employee HIPPA violation [ 7 Answers ]

We have a good employee that did commit a HIPPA violation. Does the law state that we must fire her once we were made aware of the violation from the patient? If yes, how soon after we are made aware? Can we take other disciplinary actions other than firing since this is the first issue we have...

View more questions Search