Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeyWAZup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2011, 08:17 PM
    Will my rat get sick from eating tums?
    My rat stole my tube of tums and when I was looking for her in my room(I let her have free time in my room sometimes)and found nibbled tums behind my bookshelf. 2 or 3 tums had been slightly chewed on and I'm hoping that she will be OK.She seems fine right now but I'm a worrier and I just want to make sure.So will tums hurt my rat?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 21, 2011, 08:22 AM
    I have had rats for years. Rats can usually eat anything and not have much of a problem from it. I would say that eating Tums in large quantities probably would not be very healthy for them to do though. But from what you describe, I don't think that your rat ate enough to have any problem with. I think she will be OK.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2011, 02:16 AM

I agree, just a nibble will do no harm.

Maybe consider setting up a playpen for her in your room instead of allowing her free-access. You can make a playpen out of cardboard boxes cut open then taped together in a circle.
    There are many dangerous things in a bedroom like power cords which can end badly if nibbled.
    clindsey12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 09:08 PM
    My rat ate almost half a tum. Could it harm her
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clindsey12 View Post
    my rat ate almost half a tum. could it harm her
    Did you read the other 2 answers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder, I know I'm sick but I am happy doing what I do [ 11 Answers ]

I am 18 and even though I have always been petite I have major image issues. I used to go through phases where I'd make myself throw up every time I ate, I'd lose weight and feel happy, then stop but I would gain it back and go crazy. I have always had a problem with acid,but doctors just said...

Sick after eating eggs [ 19 Answers ]

I've been having this problem the last few months, where I get sick after I eat eggs. I can't eat them at all unless they're in baked foods or something like that. I always get a queasy feeling in my stomach, sometimes along with a tension headache. I don't know why I'm having this reaction to...

Sick dog not eating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 yr old male golden retriever who has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia and got very sick, however, now the vet thinks there might be a tick bite also involved, he Is on pain pills and antibiotics and stomach medicine. He has quit eating and I need to know FAST what to give him. He was...

Rat Terrier is sick [ 2 Answers ]

My rat terrier is not well, a yesterday she at some dog food she usually does not eat and now she is pooping blood and seems to be constipated... I need some suggetions since I really can't afford another vet bill... :confused:

View more questions Search