Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Pressure issues?
    Not sure what to make of this one. I have a 2 story home with 2 baths positioned above each other.

In the mornings I use the upstairs toilet and shower with no problems. However, when the downstairs toilet is flushed, it fills very slowly. We've taken the tank cover off and the water coming out of the little hose is a trickle. However, later in the day, the fill is normal.

Any ideas what might cause this, even better how to fix it?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 20, 2011, 07:03 PM

Have no idea why it would change with the time of day but the fix is to replace the seal in the fill valve or ballcock.

Which do you have
    Attached Images

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2011, 07:21 PM

The one on the left

Jul 20, 2011, 08:02 PM

Turn off water st the stop valve under the toilet tank.
    Reach down under the float, lift float and grasp shank. Turn cap 1/4 turn counter clockwise and lift off. Hold you hand or a cup over valve and turn on water briefly to flush out any debris in valve. Replace seal.

If that doesn't fix problem you probably have a blockage at the stop valve under the tank. Post back.
    Attached Images

mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 20, 2011, 08:38 PM

Does the pressure fluctuate in any other fixtures (even the slightest bit) in the home during these times?

Jul 20, 2011, 08:44 PM

Surely you are jesting Lee.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 20, 2011, 08:48 PM
    :
    Nope, I really have always done it the hard way I guess. To stubborn to read instructions :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water well pressure issues [ 3 Answers ]

I have been reading the post on this subject and have a question that I have not seen addressed anywhere. I live in the country with a water well system. The house has low water pressure and requires a water softener to keep the hard water deposits down. I have been told the softener is not working...

Water pressure issues (not the ussual) [ 4 Answers ]

I have a funny situation in the town I just moved to. Instead of having 3/4" or 1" pipe bringing water into my house I have 5/8" pipe bringing in water. Because of this, when I run the shower (or some other item) there is not enough water pressure to run other taps, etc. There is the regular...

Well water pressure issues [ 7 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for 5 years and have always suffered from low water pressure but just recently decided to investigate. Turns out the system never gets any higher than about 32 PSI. If I turn the pressure switch up, the pump just runs continuously and the pressure does not go any higher. ...

Hot Water Pressure Issues [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having a problem where the how water is sputtering out of faucets and making a loud "jerking" noise from the hot water tank area when the washer tries to pull in hot water. I tried releasing the pressure relief valve on the hot water tank which hadn't been done in a while but did not seem to do...

View more questions Search