Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve21188 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2011, 05:14 AM
    After a year of my relationship finished, I am still feeling awful
    It's been now over a year since my relationship ended after nearly 5 years. I also was dumped in her country only after arriving for 3 weeks as she wanted to return to her native country. I have tried to cope with this situation but the emptiness and these feelings I am finding hard to cope with.

I had found she was cheating and had met someone before we left to her country although I don't think anything physical had happened up to that point. I was to say the least devastated and I found a lot of heavy messages between them two. I have felt awful ever since and I do try to make a life, but I feel isolated and unable to really get over this whole situation.

Try as hard as I can I just don't seem to be able to deal with it properly. Mostly feeling very low at most times. Normally I am a very positive person, but feel like life has been taken from me. Any advice is appreciated thanks.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2011, 05:40 AM

Take your life back and don't allow yourself to be held a hostage in your own past.

Get busy,make new friends and break yourself imposted isolation.
    steve21188 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2011, 10:18 AM
    Thank you for the advice appreciate it
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2011, 11:04 AM

Find your positivity and start moving on.

Today.

Take care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2011, 07:08 PM

Hard as it is you must rebuild a life that you enjoy without her. If you have no family and friends to support you and have fun with, then you must make new friends and find activities that make you happy. Only through replacing old memories with new ones can you heal, and move on to better things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling depressed and alone in a 1 year relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 years old and I have been in a relationship of a year and 2 months now. We've known each other since we were little kids through scouts but then I stopped attending and after 5 years we met again by coincidence. And we started dating. Everything went well and I thought that it was destiny...

I Feel Like I'm in an Awful Disfunctional Relationship - is it me? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 34 year old male currently dating a 27 year old female. We started dating 5 years ago. The first two years were great; never had any problems. Although I recently came to learn that she was still dating her x-boyfriend at the time she was initially dating me. She claimed that she was only...

I destroyed my ex boyfriends new relationship and feel awful. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. I've made such a stupid mistake and feel terrible. My partner of 6 years left me and our child(aged 5) for a girl he had been seeing while he was still with me. That was about 9 weeks ago and he has been dating her since. He is mad about her. The first week after we split he asked me...

View more questions Search