Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elecho12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Transfer of Deed but retain the Mortgage
    A friend ask me to purchase a house for him in my name(because of my credit history). He promises to pay the mortgage and other costs. If I transfer the deed to him but keep the mortgage in my name, what are my rights concerning the property. In case he does not pay the mortgage. (I know that my credit is at risks) what I want to know is in case he cause a negative effect on my credit and I want to get out of the mortgate what can I do or will be able to do in such a case.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
    You can not transfer the deed without paying off the mortgage,

Next if you could ( but you can't) you would have no protection, the property is the security for the debt, and you can not get rid of it before you pay it off.

But if you did, you would end up paying for the house and he would live in it free.

Your friend I think looks at you and says "sucker"

Please read the 100's of posts of people cheated out of their money by others and don't even consider such stupid things like this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to transfer home title/deed and morgae payments in Alabama? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking at a home in which the owners want to have me assume the payments and assume ownership of said home. Is this possiable and how much will it cost me to do this? The property is a home with purchase of 1 acre of land in Alabama.

Missouri deed transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I own property in Missouri (a time share). I recently traded in this time share towards the purchase of another with the same company. However, now I'm having trouble getting my ex-wife to transfer the original deed to my name only to complete this transaction. Is the 2nd contract...

Correct Deed Needed to Transfer Names [ 7 Answers ]

We live in Texas and I recently married and we are trying to change the deed currently on file. My husband and his mom are on the deed to the property we are living on. This property is fully paid for so there is no lien on it. Which deed would be the correct one to use to take off his mom's...

Deed transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My father is in the process of transferring the deed of a house to me. Is refinancing necessary?:eek:

View more questions Search