Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    relopro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
    How does all this "paying the back taxes on a house" work? Am I able to get a house
    How does all this "paying the back taxes on a house" work? Am I able to get a house by just doing that?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 18, 2011, 10:14 AM
    This is a somewhat meaningless question that gets asked a lot.
    If a town has a lien on a property that is worth about what the taxes in arrears are, then sure, you might 'get it for back taxes.' If the amount owed is less than market value, then the town will hold an auction or put it up for sale normally, and bidders bid low to factor in the taxes they will have to pay. Either way, you might be able to get a bargain, you might not. Often you have to have the balance in 30 days, so conventional mortgages are out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 4 Answers ]

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it in NC can any one help

How do I just buy a house paying back taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I just buy a house paying back taxes? What do I do to buy a house for just the back taxes?

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tina from Missouri, My husband and I are looking to buy a house and I know there is a way that we can pay the back taxes on a house instead of the price they are selling it at. Where do I start, and what do I do. I have no clue where to look or who to talk to and if there are any...

View more questions Search