Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karen321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Outside unit blowing cold air other then dischargeing hot air when a/c is on
    Outside unit blowing cold air other then discharging hot air when a/c is on.
    Not blowing inside the house.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 03:43 PM

Is the compressor kicking in? 24 Volts at contactor coil?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 04:16 AM
    Sounds like the reversing valve is either stuck or not energizing like it should. It is energized through "O" or "B" (24-30 volts)depending on what part of US you are in. You will need a meter to see what the problem is. If you are lucky it will be a bad solenoid coil on reversing valve or bad t-stat. You have "O"(or B), "Y", and common going to outside unit. "Y" is contactor and "O" (or B)goes to reversing valve. Common is common to both, but you also have a defrost board which also has relays and can go bad, too. A stuck relay on it can keep it from cooling, but probably not the cause. Write back and let us know where you find 24 volts on the wires above.
    DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

Why does my furnace blows out cold air when it should be blowing out hot air? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does my furnace blows out cold air, when it should be blowing hot air?

My ac unit is blowing cool but not cold air [ 0 Answers ]

I have a brand new 4 ton AC unit that is blowing cool air but not cold. It replaced a 3.5 ton that really kept my house nice and cool. The Company that put this unit in along with a new heating system keeps telling me that it is working properly, Yet the temp outside was 84 and the temp inside...

Air conditioner not blowing cold air, inside fan runs, but outside unit does not. [ 2 Answers ]

Unit not blowing cold air. Fan runs. Outside unit does not.

Heater unit blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

My central heat/air system Bryant Heater CU5830C175 only blows cold air. If the pilot light is out, how do I turn it on? Thank you.

View more questions Search