Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucilleb123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Frigidaire gallery electric dryer gleq332as1 Thermal limiter location?
    Hi. My frigidaire gallery electric dryer gleq332as1 will not turn on or anything at all. I think the thermal limiter may have been tripped? It was a hot day when it quit working at first and I believe it overheated!

Any help or instructions would be great. Is there a way to test if that is what's wrong with it? Thanks!!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 04:08 AM
    You need to disassemble the drier into pieces to clean out all the dirt buildup. You will have to scrape out all parts and wash out all except electrical parts. There are several limiters in some driers so you need an ohm meter to find out the one that is open. It should be the one closest to heating element. A hot day is not enough to trip it unless it needs cleaning. Dirty driers cause fires and are the number one cause of house fires. When you clean it clean blower fan and vacuum out motor. Look into every air passage and clean everything out. Just one missed place will cause it to trip again. Look on YouTube to see how to take it apart, but wash out parts. It works for longer and keeps it from getting dirty again so fast. The safety is oval with two wires that plug onto it. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locate thermal limiter in Frigidaire dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Where is the thermal limiter in my Frigidaire dryer. It is a Frigidaire Heavy Duty, model number FDE336RES2. It has tripped and needs to be replaced.

Frigidaire dryer thermal limiter? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you have to get to the thermal limiter on a frigidaire dyer

Thermal Limiter on Fridgidaire Gallery dryer [ 0 Answers ]

Is it easy to replace the thermal limiter on a Fridgidaire Gallery dryer model # GLGQ642AS3?

Thermal limiter switch for Frigidaire dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I access the thermal limiter switch on a Frigidaire model#FDEB23RGS1? I can't find it. What does it look like? I really would appreciate your help.

View more questions Search