Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 07:32 PM
    My five year old obsessed with patterns?
    My five year old daughter is an only child who is pretty quiet compared to other kids her age. My daughter is very quiet playing pretend alone even outside with other kids her age, she is obsessed with perfect patterns, with small Lego's, food placement, making very intricate things and building or waterfalls etc. things that just blow me away... Should I be worried or excited? Kim
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 07:40 PM

Neither, but I'd be concerned if she does not socialize in school with children her own age. Has she started kidergarten yet or will this school term be her first exposure?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 07:46 PM

Does she make eye contact with you or anyone else?
    Ryane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
    She does socialize pretty well while playing with other children, but it has always been difficult to get eye contact from her. To me this does not look like any type of Autistic behaviors I have read about.
    It's almost as if things have to be in perfect order or a certain color pattern or just a pattern.
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 year old son obsessed with friend [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 year old son seems to be obsessed with a friend of his. Our lives revolve around whether this other kid can play or not. If he cannot my son doesn't want to leave the house, or wants to hurry home if we are out so that he will be available the minute this other kid can play. This is not a...

Work patterns [ 1 Answers ]

In order to achieve global sales penetration, countries which have weak institutionalized national work and cultural patterns are more attractive to MNCs than countries which are have strong institution aliased work and cultural patterns”. Discuss. 1. What are institutionalized work patterns?...

Patterns in the Nucleus [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a pattern of the protons and nutrons in the nucleus of an atom?

Eating Patterns. [ 2 Answers ]

I have often wondered why I cannot stop eating one day and then the next I am barely hungry?? Does anyone know why this is??

View more questions Search