Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2011, 05:09 PM
    Even the medical pros can't get it right
    You guys are going to appreciate this one. I just received a letter from a new doctor I have an appointment with for some diagnostic stuff (doesn't matter what). The letter is mostly just standard new patient info for me to fill out before the appointment. One of the items, of course, was their statement of privacy which refers to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). But I had to laugh when reading the cover letter. In the cover letter the Practice Administrator refers FOUR times to HIPPA, not once getting it right!

I can't wait for the appointment. Hopefully the Practice Administrator will still be there when I get there. Because I intend to point out the error. I'll let you know what happens.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 05:10 PM

That's too funny!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Good one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer ask about medical background based on a past due medical bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer question the nature of a medical bill or your medical background based on a past due medical bill on your credit report?

PROs of being Dumped. [ 54 Answers ]

I thought about writing a bunch of things in a notebook to see all the bad things he/she did to make the breakup, positive in a way. I want to hear everyone's reasons you getting dumped turned out better for you. I beileve this will be positive for me and the others that are going through the rough...

Pros and Cons list what to do. [ 8 Answers ]

Ok here goes... I have been weighing the pros and cons of staying with my current boyfriend and have talked with several friends but haven't solved anything. First I would like to start by saying he is the best man that I've been with and the thought of leaving him hurts my heart. He...

The Pros Of Capital Punishment [ 2 Answers ]

What is the pros of capital punishment?

What are the Pros and Cons? [ 2 Answers ]

What are Pros and Cons If you finish a Bachelors in Nursing: In the Philippines (4years) Or In the US (LPN to RN to BSN) I am also considering the cost, landing a good job, quality of education and other factors.

View more questions Search