Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 10:23 PM
    Need a wireless connections expert.
    How do I cofigure a 2Wire to connect to my laptop using Windows 7? When I try to connect I get this message: "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration." How can this be corrected?

Thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2011, 02:52 AM
    Make sure the modem is set to DHCP and the laptop does not have a fixed IP,
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 16, 2011, 05:10 AM

In windows 7:
    Start > (in start search bar) type ncpa.cpl > right click on the wireless network > properties > (inside the box) double click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP V4 > (here, make sure that obtain ip automatically is selected)
    Connect your 2wire to the laptop using an ethernet cable (if there is already another computer connected to the 2wire, we can use that instead)
    Open IE type 192.168.1.254 (btw, is it 2wire 2701 HG-b? Or previous model? )
    At the top right side, click on home network.
    At the right bottom click on "Edit settings" (under wireless)
    At the bottom of this page, you will get the option to "restore defaults". Click on it. Try to connect again and it should do.
    Btw, the WEP key is the 10 digit number within braces below the barcode of your 2 wire, by default.

Jul 17, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Comment on BK201's post
    Thanks BK201. I'll try that.

Jul 17, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    I'll check. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a wireless connections expert. [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to cofigure a 2Wire to connect to my laptop using Windows 7? When I try to connect I get this message: "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration." What does that mean and how can it be fixed please? Thank you.

Big Issue with Wireless Connections! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am helping my girlfriends mom try and fix her laptop. One day she got on and it wouldn't connect to the internet, the icon for wirless wasn't on the bottom taskbar. I went into device manager and all network adapters were working properly (according to their properties) I then went into...

Total connections on one wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comcast netgear wireless router and it allows me max 5 devices to connect to it. In my home I have more then 5 connections to make to go on internet. I have connected a 2wire wireless router but somehow cannot get to connect all the PCs/Laptops/PDAs connect to the 2wire router. Can...

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

View more questions Search