Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhermit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Whirlpool washer makes horrible noise and then stops
    I have an older, may 10 year old, Whirlpool washing machine. The machine agitates OK in the beginning but then starts to make a bad noise that gets worse the longer you let it go until finally it stops. If I leave it for about a half hour or so and try again it will start and spin out. We just replaced the motor coupling and just don't know what to try next. Could it be the dogs?
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Jul 14, 2011, 09:02 AM
    The "dogs" are in the agitator and not the problem. A better description of the noise would be helpful, but it sounds like you may have a bad motor, cutting off on the motor overload which then cools off and allows it to run again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Furnace makes clicking noise when running. Help? [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace turns on, then the burners make a clicking noise and flame goes on and off for a while then the whole furnace shuts off

Whirlpool dryer makes a grinding noise and a burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

When I press start, I hear a loud grinding noise (like metal on metal) and smell a burning noise. I quickly turned off the dryer so as not to burn out anything. I looked inside the dryer, and felt around the edges for a lodged piece of metal/coin. There was none. I spun the drum, by hand, and...

Kenmore stack washer/dryer - washer makes noise during wash [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a Kenmore stack washer/dryer that makes a noise that sounds something like a gear when washing only. Could this be a transmission problem? Jay

Whirlpool Dryer makes loud banging noise when on and empty [ 2 Answers ]

Our dryer suddenly makes loud banging noises when on and its empty. Could it be the tub or a belt or something else. How do I go about fixing it? Thanks

View more questions Search