Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jetters50 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Re-installing Garage Door Opener with Remote
    My garage has 2 electric, older model door openers which operate from wall switches. One opener also has a remote receiver installed on it which can be operated from a control carried in my car. I want to move the receiver to the other door opener. There are only two wires from the remote receiver to the opener.

Can I simply rewire the receiver to the other opener and it will then work with the remote control? That seemed too easy and I was afraid I would disturb a setting or something that would cause it to not operate.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2011, 05:55 AM

If the two openers are identical models, then you should be able to move the receiver over. If they are not the same model, then I would be reluctant to do so.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost Garage Door Remote Opener [ 4 Answers ]

I lost my garage door remote opener. Unfortunately, this is a detached garage, i.e. garage by itself with no door or windows to get in beside the garage door itself. I can buy a new garage door opener but without being able to open the garage, how can I reprogram this new opener to open my...

Garage door opener remote won't open the door [ 1 Answers ]

My remote won't open the garage door. Wall mount will open the door, but continues to blink. Suggestions

Garage door remote opener [ 1 Answers ]

My door opens about two feet and then stops.but will open all the way with the wall opener.

Remote garage door opener (reprogram) [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Can't find owners manual to Craftsman 1/2 remote garage door opener. I believe I accidentally erased codes from garage ceiling unit. There is a learn button, I know how to change the code on the outside keypad, but how do I reprogram the unit on the ceiling of the garage to accept the new...

Remote garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a home with a Craftsman remote garage door opener that is outside the garage. Model # 139.53876 with push bottons 1-0 (no # and no *). I know the old four code number but need to know how to change the code with a new code number.

View more questions Search