Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KillerInstinct Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2011, 05:46 AM
    How to deal with time apart?
    Ive been dating my girlfriend for almost two months, after having spent several months before hand getting to know each other. A few days ago she left for vacation and we have very VERY limited communication (once every few days if I'm lucky). She's a wonderful woman and I'm not afraid of her cheating or anything of the sort, that isn't the issue. The problem I'm having is that I start to feel extremely anxious and sad and nervous because I can't talk to her. I tell myself to breathe and calm down, and yes it helps temporarily but within an hour I'm back to the agitated state. She went away a month prior and we talked via email at night and that wast ideal but was bearable. But this isn't. Nothing I do keeps me busy enough to just be OK. What should I do? How can I feel better rather than sick and unable to sleep at night? I love her and our relationship is great, I just want to be OK and be able to get through this without feeling so down all of the time.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 06:21 AM

Is this the girl from your previous post?

If so,what happened to the LD?

As for coping you're just going to have to tell yourself that you are perfectly fine and that she'll be back once the vacation is over.

Breathing exercises are good- add physical exercises to that and a busy social life and don't give in to 'dark thoughts'.

Jul 12, 2011, 06:39 AM
    No, not the same girl as my previous post (unless you're referring to the one at 130 am.. Had a problem editing title).

I do try and tell myself that's it's fine and she'll be back soon.. That works for a little bit but then the feelings cone right back.

What kind of breathing exercises?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 07:01 AM

Breathing to stay calm-breathing in deeply and exhaling deeply,counting to five both ways.

Jul 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Breathing like that helps a bit, but not much. Any other suggestions?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 03:52 PM

I think you start with a simple check up, to at least eliminate ant dietary concerns or health problems that you may not be aware of. Once that is done you can examine ways to stay busy and focused and deal with your own feelings in positive ways.

I read another of your posts that said you were easily distracted by outside noises and have trouble focusing. While its normal to miss a loved one, for extended periods, not being able to focus on amusing yourself in there absence may be a symptom of another problem, so please see a doctor, just in case. At least ease your mind so you can work on yourself properly.

Jul 12, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Well I can admit that I don't eat as well as I should due to the lack of food available at home usually. I went to make an appointment yesterday with a doctor but unfortunately they were completely booked for a solid month. I have seen a few people in the past who have debated between my "issues" being either a form of OCD or just plain anxiety.

I just find that nothing I do; soccer, tennis, drums, tv/video games/computer, work or school, is able to keep me amused for a reasonable amount of time. Even with friends it has gotten to a point where after several hours I am "unhappy" again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set the day, time and date on a Seiko World Time Touch sensor [ 5 Answers ]

Setting the date, time and day on a Seiko World Time Touch Sensor with 3 buttons in the back

My neighbour moan all the time about my kids no matter what time of day if they play [ 2 Answers ]

When my kids play my neighbour moans when they are at the front of our house and at the back and even when they are in there own house they even tried to get the sociel services on to us its getting to the point that my kids don't play because he only comes around kicking off

View more questions Search