Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1forhope Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2004, 09:52 PM
    Cell phone, etc. tracking??
    I've met a man, we have dated, he says he lives in Maryland (originally said D.C.), however the cell #/area code (818) is L.A. based.  When he calls my home phone, appropriate name comes up, however I would like to find out his actual place of residence... seeing if  he is truthful... All I have is his name, age (according to him and I believe it to be true), cell # (his name does appear on my caller I.D. when he calls home phone).  Can u help me?  We are  involved when he is in town and I need to know if he is being straight with me before I move forward further, with him.  I live in theSan Diego where he was on business (I was able to confirm this at the time).  Can u help me?  Much appreciation... not a lot of $ happening here, in the midst of a divorce..  
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 23, 2004, 05:54 AM
    Re: Cell phone, etc. tracking??
    Sounds like you're off to a shakey start with this dude. Here's a reverse phone number link. Enter the number and it will give you the name and address of the owner of the phone service. http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/ If that don't work put "White Pages" up on your search bar and since you have his name and some locations you should be able to track him down that way. Start with the L.A. area. Good luck, Tom
    1forhope Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2004, 11:33 AM
    Not sure if it is shakey start, but going through my divorce, I've come to realize that honesty doesn't have the same meaning to all people. I'd just rather know from the "get go" if one is being truthful. Is it a new time if life... Things aren't what they used to be and one must protect themselves.

Thanks for the reply, extremely helpful. Didn't use it yet, but probably will.

Do you know anything about home computer or business security? I learned too through my divorce (I just posted a new question) that people are able to get into your home or business computer and acquire information you are sending or receiving. Can you recommend any particular software or program to help secure ones self from such a thing? Or is there something that will automatically alert you that someone is trying to get your information?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 23, 2004, 01:36 PM
    I'm not a computer geek, (wish I was) I'm a plumber so all I can recommend is a good firewall for security. Simply post up "firewall" on your search bar and take your pick. My platform is Windows XP and it has a built in firewall, however there are freeware firewalls out there you can download for other operating systems. A bit of advice from some one who just went through a divorce. Your emotions are raw, your ego brused and it's comforting to know you can still attract the opposite sex, however go slow. Get over the one before you jump into another. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Want A New Cell Phone! [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, A couple of years ago I purchaes a flip phone from ATT Wireless-about a year ago CellularOne took over. I chose the pay-as-you-go service. Last month, I was more or less informed by CellularOne that I needed to sign up for a new pay-as-you-go plan & purchase a new phone. I don't...

Already own cell phone? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone direct me or inform me?I previously had a contract with a company who provided cell phone service(ALLTELL) The contract has been Up(1year) 9th of Jan 2005.Iwould like to use my exsisting phone(Motorola) And sign on with a new company.Most PCS will not do this,you have to use Their...

Cell phone gps [ 2 Answers ]

Ive Been Told Most New Cell Phones Have Gps. Is This True? If So How Accurate Is The Location And Can I Track This With Only Having The Cell Number. Does The Phone Have To Be Currently In Service?

Cell phone overseas [ 1 Answers ]

I travel to China every few weeks. I am getting killed on Roaming. Its like 2.60 per incomming and outgoing call! There must be some way to get around this. Any ideas?

View more questions Search