Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2011, 05:14 PM
    Yahoo Mail Compromised?
    I got a message from Yahoo mail telling me I should change my password as they believe my email account was compromised. I had no idea anything was amiss so what event likely inspired tahoo to send me that warning?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 05:20 PM

Most likely the email was not really from Yahoo, but they included a link for you to use, that contained a virus or the such. Or when you "changed" it using their link they now have your password

This is a "fishing" and so common. Never click on links from emails to go to any Yahoo, Facebook or such sites,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 05:21 PM

I have Yahoo and have never gotten anything like that from them -- sounds like a scam to get your password maybe?

Or change your password right on Yahoo (not in a link they provided) as long as you aren't revealing anything to anyone else. Hackers have been trying to get my address.

One of our mods may be able to add more to this thread.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2011, 05:28 PM

If the e-mail contains a link to use to change your password then its definitely a scam. You should change your password, but by logging into Yahoo the normal way and changing your password.
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 12, 2011, 03:45 PM
    Maybe I miss spoke. I didnĀ“t get an email from Yahoo (or?) what happened is the warning message appeared at the top of rhe page when I logged into the account.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 03:52 PM
    I've been on Yahoo Mail since it first came out, I've never seen anything like what you describe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 07:42 PM

There is no such thing to the best of my knowledge and I have used Yahoo since almost day one.

It is possible that there is a viurus that opened with your mail, I would make sure to check carefully

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo mail [ 2 Answers ]

I have unfortunately deleted all my mails in Yahoo ! I need one important mail to be read now but its not even present in trash now I received it on 2008 nearly an year back can I able to get it back by using any software??

Yahoo Messenger on Yahoo Mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I want to know how to get Yahoo Messenger on my Yahoo page. Thank you

Yahoo E-mail [ 6 Answers ]

I've received an e.mail from Yahoo saying my password has been changed. My secret question is no longer applicable (I opened that account in 1999) I need to be able to contact Yahoo directly for assistance as I have family photos and personal info in that account. Their online help is useless. ...

Yahoo E-Mail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- When I am reading Yahoo E-mail, the date and how big the message is are off the screen--I have to use the right arrow toget to that--How can I get it back where the whole screen shows up--Thank u very much---

View more questions Search