Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 01:06 PM
    Honeywell Thermostat Rc Terminal
    I installed a new honeywell RTH7600D thermostat and connected the Red wire to the Rc terminal instead of the R terminal and left the jumper in as the manual suggested. Is it possible that it shorted out the transformer in the Furnace?

Because even thuogh I have correctly now connected the Red wire to the R terminal, I have no power to the thermostat.

I even re-installed the old carrier thermostat that was working before and it gets no power. When I move the thermostat upstairs, it works fine.

Any thoughts?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
    Very possible you`ve fried the transformer,, remember always any time fooling with tstats /or low voltage(24V) always turn off power to furnace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What jumper setting if O/B terminal is unused? Honeywell RTH2300 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have purchased a Honeywell RTH2300 programmable thermostat. The installation instructions are pretty clear, but one question I do have concerns the JP2 jumper. The instructions previously say its okay to have only a 4-wire connection Y R G W. This is the set-up I seem to have, so...

No C terminal on honeywell T8600 D1111 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am replacing an older Honeywell Chronotherm III (T8601 C1021) with another newer Honeywell Chronotherm III (T8600 D1111) and there is not a C terminal on the replacement unit. The original wiring configuration was (wire color > terminal): White > W Green > G Blue > C Red > R

Solid lit Red LED on terminal strip of honeywell R8184G4009 [ 3 Answers ]

We have a forced hot water heating system with Beckett Oil Burner, and Honeywell R8184G4009 intermittent ignition oil primary. The honeywell ignition Is about 3 years old and the heating system is 20 years old. Today, we noticed that The furnace is not turning on. When I went down to the...

Wiring a thermostat with one are terminal with two transformers [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a White Rodgers IF8RF-275 wireless remote sensor thermostat. It has only one R terminal, while my old system had a Rh and a Rc. I have an oil furnace hot water heat and a central A/C system. Each has its own transformer. How DO I wire the thermostat?

No RC terminal on new thermostat? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: I saw your name on an internet search for thermostat wiring problems, so I thought I would try you for this one. I could not get help elsewhere. I have an oil burner, and a separate a/c unit. I installed a programmable thermostat 2 years ago that works well, although the location is...

View more questions Search