Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 05:31 AM
    I have had 6 treatments with a laser skin clinic in athlone it didn't work as my hair
    I have had 6 treatments with a laser skin clinic in athlone it didn't work as my hair still grew. I went back to her and she did a stronger laser without telling me she would have it stronger not even doing a test patch she burnt my skin and I was left with horrible scars. I am v depressed and I am on antidepressant tabs for it...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 05:48 AM

Having laser hair removal isn't exactly a no brainer. When my son investigated laser hair removal he was advised to get rid of all body hair where necessary using a body trimmer, or hair depilatory and was told that no guarantee all hair follicles would be removed. Several applications and a lot of expense were needed before he could have all the hair removed from his back. He decided not to.

Your laser person could not have been that experienced if she didn't explain entirely. Where did you have the hair removed ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 05:50 AM

Hello n:

Go see a lawyer and sue 'em.

excon
    natalie999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 06:27 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    My tummy but what I'm upset about is that she burnt me all over and I'm left with scars and prob need surgery if I have to get it removed...
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello n:

Go see a lawyer and sue 'em.

excon
    I was going to say that too, but actually didn't know all the facts, although there isn't really much to know other then the scarring issue. In Ontario laser treatment has to be performed by licensed technicians. I don't know if this is the case in other countries. Can any tom **** or harry set up shop with laser equipment and just go at it?

Sounds like the OP had their's done by someone who really didn't know the ins and outs of laser hair removal treatment; so yes, sue.
    Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 07:22 AM

If they did not do the treatment according to proper procedure, you will have a very good case.
    Hopefully they are licensed and have insurance
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 07:26 AM

The problem here is that you did not include your location. Most places in the world require proper certification/licensure. If you live in an area of the world that does not require this you don't have a case.

Until you provide us with your general location, we really can't advise you any better.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 07:40 AM

J I had to spread the rep but you are really on the money here; it would have to be a location that requires proper licensing before any legal action is considered. Without that there would be no case.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 07:45 AM

When re-reading the OP, it seems that the OP is in Ireland, Athlone to be exact, and I am not sure what the certification requirements are in that area of the world.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 08:13 AM

my tummy but what im upset about is that she burnt me all over and im left with scars and prob need surgery if i have to get it removed..... natalie commented.

Please don't use the comment feature, use the reply to answer.

If the hair was in a straight line from belly button to pubic area it could not have been coarse hair. I don't know how old you are but that 'hairline' usually disappears when you get older, sometimes after having children. I had a think line of very pale hair in that area and used to remove it with depilatory before it disappeared; just to let you know.

Scar tissue is corrected with laser surgery, natalie, so I hope you don't go back to that other person. By the way, are laser clinics in Ireland have to be certified and controlled in any way. If they are you may have recourse to have this corrected without putting your own money out.

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 08:53 AM

Hello again, ladies:

Being licensed or not, wouldn't save an incompetent from a law suit.. It would only save him from sanctions by the licensing body.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I didn't file my 2008 taxes because I didn't work will it affect my 2009 taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped working before the 2008 tax season started. I went to school for the year and didn't file my taxes. Will it affect my taxes for 2009?

Regarding information on skin treatments [ 5 Answers ]

I Am A Light Complexion Skinned Person And I Have Been Suffering With Acne For Over 20 Years I Get Pimples But I Really Tend To Get A Lot Of Blackheads I Also Get Bumps Across My Forehead That Looks Like A Mild Heat Rash I Was Wondering If Laser Surgery Or A Chemical Peel Will Help My Blemishes And...

Laser Hair Removal for dark skin [ 2 Answers ]

I'm medium brown asian... want to remove my facial hair permanently... my skin is sensitive... I've heard that laser hair removal is only for those people who have light skin with dark hairs... what can I do to remove my hairs... coz I'm afraid of doing threading on my face because it could give...

View more questions Search