Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keatoby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Flood vs. Sewer
    In a city-wide flood situation that includes sewer back-up, how can you prove that the sewer backed up before the home was flooded? Or does it matter? I have a homeowners policy w/ a sewer back-up endorsement but no flood insurance. If I can prove the sewer back-up happened before my home was flooded, will I have a claim?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 09:01 AM

If you can prove it happened before the flood ( and not because of the flood but back up for a different reason)

You would have a claim but only for the amount of damage from the back up, not for any additional damage done by the flood.

Will be hard to prove, witnesses ? Expert testify in court, since the insurance company will almost for sure deny and want to go to court over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer flood control valve [ 5 Answers ]

Is one type of sewer check valve better than the other. I have had 3 quotes on installing one. All approximately the same price. One is single gate valve, one is a double gate valve and the third is a balanced valve. Any recommendation on which to use?

All my toilets smell like a sewer! Sewer backed up? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a problem and was hoping for some guidance... lately all of my toilets have been smelling really bad. We have 3 toilets in the house, 2 full baths on the upper level, and a powder room on the main. The main bath on the upper level is the worse of the 3. It doesn't get...

To wet test a sewer drain install, do you plug the sewer pipe as it enters the septic [ 2 Answers ]

Three questions. For a sewer drain wet test, do you plug the drain as it enters the new septic tank? Where does the 10' wet stack go and can you change direction 45 degrees under a slab in the main sewer drain line ?

Sewer gas - did I hook up to main sewer line correctly? [ 3 Answers ]

Moved a mobile home in and ran the sewer line to the main line - on some days I smell sewer gas, and I think it's coming from the vents on the house! - I want to know if I should o had put a "P" trap or something in line before hooking up to main sewer line? I have seen other places saying to...

View more questions Search