Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jan 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
    How do I know I am really ready for pregnancy?
    My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. We are both 24. I am a registered nurse, and my husband also has a very stable job. We have been talking about having children, and recently my husband received a promotion, which made the idea of having children even easier to handle, since we are stable enough that I will not have to work. With all of this aside, how do I know that I am ready to have a child? I quit smoking a year ago, and have changed my diet in preparation for pregnancy, and being a nurse, I know that I am prepared physically... just do not know if I am ready... Do you ever know if you are ready to become a parent?
    Dumpling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I personally never think there’s a moment when you just think 'yes I’m ready'. There will always be uncertainties in your mind like everyone else, its natural. Being physically and financially ready is very different to being emotional ready, you'll never be able to fully prepare yourself for the blessing of a child but if you and your partner have thought it through and are happy I’m sure everything will be fine.
    Good Luck!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
    That would be a decision made between you and your husband. I agree with above not many people say "Now it's time", it's something that kind of creeps up on you. We have 2 kids and that's the thinking that went behind it for us. Plus it may take a while before you get pregnant or it may happen immediately. Be ready for it! :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I don't think anyone is ever fully prepared for the changes a baby brings into your life. But when the moment comes, you find an inner strength and you just know that it is right. And when baby comes, you will not be able to imagine how you lived without them. It sounds to me that you guys are very prepared. You are doing all the right things, and really getting your lives in order, taking the responsible way to parenthood. The uncertaintly you feel of whether you are really ready tells me that you are definitely on the right track. You want to make sure that everything is ready (including yourselves) for baby, so baby will have a great start. Basically, with everything in place financially and so forth, if you and hubby sit down and talk about your fears and hopes, and decide that you are ready, then you are as ready as you are going to be. We are preggy with our second little boy, and each time we faced uncertainties, but we have never doubted that it was right, and the excitement grows with each passing day. At the end of the day,every parent can only do what they can do for their kids. Loving and caring, and providing. Best of wishes, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is HD-ready? [ 4 Answers ]

In considering a flat screen TV, what is the difference in HDTV, HD-ready, LCD?

Almost ready to go [ 13 Answers ]

I have bought a Linksys Wireless Adapter to connect to my computer via USB cable. I bought it on eBay, so it didn't come with directions or a CD, but I am not sure if a CD is necessary. I need some help getting connected. Can anyone help me?

How do I say I'm ready [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have talked about when we have babies and stuff like that but I haven't been able to figure out how to tell him I am ready to try. I am not sure if he wants to have one right now or not but I do I am scared I will say it in the wrong way I don't know how to tell him what should I...

View more questions Search