Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imworried Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Hydrangea bush
    I want to plant a couple hydrangea bushes in my yard at my new home but I don't know what kind of care they take: do they need sun or no sun, shade or no shade, etc?
    eclectic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 09:00 AM
    imworried
    Hydrangea do best in full sun and need acid soil
    Suja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imworried
    I want to plant a couple hydrangea bushes in my yard at my new home but i don't know what kind of care they take: do they need sun or no sun, shade or no shade, etc?
    The best answer I can give is that it depends. In my zone (USDA 7A), Hydrangea take nearly full shade as long as it is bright shade. They prefer afternoon shade around here, unless they're extremely well watered. They'll live in full sun, but the leaves wilt on the hotter days of summer.

Now, there are some Hydrangea that will bloom differently on the basis of the soil pH. Acidic produces bluer flowers, and alkaline produces pinker flowers. Some aren't affected by soil pH, such as the very popular Annabelle, which blooms white.

There are a couple more things you need to pay attention to. Hydrangeas make very unattractive bushes in winter, because they're nothing more than bare sticks. And the variety you get will determine what kind of pruning you can do; some will bloom on old wood, some on old and new, and if you have the kind that blooms on old wood, you have to be judicious about pruning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is G. W. Bush the Antichrist? [ 110 Answers ]

I stumbled upon a websith that really has me wondering if bush is the Antichrist. Please go to www.bushisantichrist.com and read the proof that he is indeed the antichrist or at least fits the 666 part of it. I know that in the last year all of the great scholars have come forth to say that the...

Bush 2034 TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the manual for my TV set. It is a Bush 2034 TSIL. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the relevant manual. Any help would be appreciated. lost my manual

Bush tv/hello [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this everyone.need help got a new remote for my combi bush TV model 145 does anyone have the remode codes for me please

Bush TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bush TV given to me, and have lost the manual so can not set the channels properly. The model is BUSH 2878 NTXSIL Please can anyone help me? I have set the dvd player to the TV set by scart but can not set my sky to it. The channels do not set for some reason. The arial is perfectly...

View more questions Search