Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    215burbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 12:39 PM
    Weird breakup that I've made worse... any advice
    So my girl and I were in a really positive relationship for 8 months. Sadly she had a family member die unexpectedly. Literally something with her changed right after that as she got really depressed and "lost". She broke up with me saying she needed to figure her life out and take care of her and her family. Since we were doing a long distance thing, I was not able to physically be there to help. We have been in contact almost everyday for four months but I really messed up one night recently when drinking and said some hurtful comments toward her. I of course apologized but it seems like we keep drifting apart (and this really hurt the situation). It seems like we still have feelings for each other, I'm just not handling it well at all. Any advice would help...
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 12, 2011, 06:51 PM
    Losing a family member, especially if the person was very close to them has a significant impact on someone. If you truly love her please make every effort to apologize for the nasty remarks you made and for what reason did you make them. I realize you were drunk but this girl needs you more than ever right now and she needs your support and love. If she receives nastiness, she will distance herself. No doubt she may be lost for awhile. My brother made a serious suicide attempt to where he almost died and I am still not at ease, If you are not able to provide support to her, that is the entire reason she is going to herfamily as they recognize what she needs and how she feels. Maybe you need to find out more about the grieving process over the internet as it is a process and this will take time and she will not just bounce back to herself as quick as you may like. If you love her, be there and if you are unable, then don't hurt her more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 06:55 PM

Various people deal with loss differently. She was going though a hard time, and to be honest you were not there locally for her, which is hard on a relationship.

Next do you know how many relationships end with the words
    ** and I was just drinking***

There is no way to take words back, and we have to deal with what result they bring

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

Please help - breakup advice [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm 29 years old and my girlfriend of 5 years broke off our engagement of almost 1 year last night as well as ended our entire relationship and I feel downright miserable. I have been crazy about her for all of our relationship and was ready to take it beyond the dating stage. ...

Which is worse, having a fake I.d made or using someone else's [ 5 Answers ]

Which is worse having a fake i.d made or borrowing a friend or family memebers to get into bars and etc.

Worse Advice Ever [ 4 Answers ]

What's the worse advice you have seen someone give over the internet - on this site or others. For me it was when I was having trouble with my Gamecube once. I found another thread where somebody was having a similar problem to mine. Someone suggested that it might be due to a build up of dust...

View more questions Search