Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imworried Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 08:57 AM
    ? About HPV
    If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 31, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Just because someone is diagnosed with HPV, it does not mean that they will have Genital warts (sometimes called condylomata acuminata or venereal warts). Genital warts are just one of the most easily recognized sign of a genital HPV infection.

Many people, however, have a genital HPV infection without genital warts. About 30 types are spread through sexual contact and are classified as either low risk or high risk.

Low risk cause genital warts-single or multiple bumps that appear in the genital areas of men and women including the vagina, cervix, vulva (area outside of the vagina), penis, and rectum. High risk, may cause abnormal Pap smear results and could lead to cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina, anus, or penis and may account for the reason many people infected with HPV have no symptoms.

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HPV and epididymitis [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello~ Does anyone know if HPV causes epididymitis? My brother had a g/f for a long time and they recently broke up and now he cannot get rid of epididymitis. Just wondering if the two are related at all. Please help!

Hpv And Brown Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I Was Determine To Have Hpv Last Year And Precancerous Cells And Was Treated And Last Pap Was Normal . Now Am Having Dark Brown Bleeding And Bleeding During Sex And Bowel Movement. Could I Be Pregnant Or Precancerous Cells Have Return?PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search