That's a better sentence than death.
    Hello Synn:

You understand things REAL good..

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2011, 07:59 AM

Hello again,

She got one year on each count to be served consecutively. Given her 2 yrs, 9 months credit for jail time, and (I'm GUESSING here folks) 10 days a month good time, she'll get out in 3 or 4 months.

excon
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 7, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Karma works, people.

I believe in my heart she was guilty, but I do not believe the prosecution proved it beyond a reasonable doubt--I will always doubt which story is real at this point.

However--she's alienated her entire family by claiming abuse. She's alienated her friends. She's alienated the public in general who cannot believe she would party with a dead or missing child.

Who is going to date her, besides men looking to get into her pants because they're mentally disturbed? Who would marry her and start a family with her, knowing what she's done? Who would truly be her friend, knowing that she lies and lies and lies when put on the spot? Who would HIRE her?

She wasn't sentenced to death--she was sentence to a life that will make her wonder how every single person in her life will want to use her. She's been sentenced to loneliness and ostracism.

That's a better sentence than death.
    Standing ovation.

This comforts my heart.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 08:12 AM

Doncha just love the irony?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Karma works, people.

I believe in my heart she was guilty, but I do not believe the prosecution proved it beyond a reasonable doubt--I will always doubt which story is real at this point.
    Thank you. I totally agree.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 08:35 AM

I don't know, with the millions she's predicted to get I'm sure she can buy herself plenty of party time.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Jul 7, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Doncha just love the irony?
    HA! This is cracking me up I love it!! :D
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 08:53 AM

So... don't buy her book.

The only way to prevent her from getting millions is to not support it.

Tell your friends the same thing.

Money talks, people. If people write letters to publishing houses telling them that they are shocked and appalled that they'd even consider publishing her book, and the same for other media (movies, etc)--and let them know you will NOT be buying it.

And yeah... she might buy party time, but it will be with people who like her MONEY, not her.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 09:01 AM

Ex you can believe of me what you wish . There are many legal scholars who also think that the OJ case was jury nullification. I guess they are all racist .

If it makes you happy ;there were many cases of jury nullification that happened in the old South that freed KKK members . I bet you believe that too . Whites would do so but not Blacks . OK I get it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 09:15 AM

Trust me Synnen, I won't be buying her book. And you're right, money isn't going to buy her happiness or clear her conscience. I was just pointing out that some idiot is going to make her rich.
    Booboo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Casey killed her daughter so she wouldn't have no responsibility , so she could go party and have the life she use to have before caylee was born... Looks like she got her wish... Who kills their child and gets away with it even if caylee did drown why didn't casey call the police.. Come on now if your child drowned wouldn't u call police..? And on top on that why did she go out partying , drinking , having a good time not even thinking about. Baby caylee..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

She got one year on each count to be served consecutively. Given her 2 yrs, 9 mos credit for jail time, and (I'm GUESSING here folks) 10 days a month good time, she'll get out in 3 or 4 months.

excon
    Actually, she's serving 6 more days, then she's free. She walks next Wednesday.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 11:06 PM

Well, even that has changed. She will be held until July 16th because they said that they recalculated her 'time.'
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Well, even that has changed. She will be held until July 16th because they said that they recalculated her 'time.'
    True, I just saw that on the news. Still, that's next Sunday. A little more then a week and she walks. :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 08:36 PM

I listed to the State DA at the sentencing hearing, it was so bad. I think any of our experts on the legal forum could have done better. They did not have copies of the law they were citing and more, I felt so bad for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Justice for Caylee Anthony [ 5 Answers ]

I been keeping up with the women accused of murdering her missing daughter in Florida. What person doesn't report their child missing until a month later? I mean where exactly did she think she was? Then to try to take the heat off her she blames a fake nanny who never met nor knew this lady...

Anthony-the only suspect? [ 4 Answers ]

Anthony was the last person with her daughter Caylee, and everybody including her admitted it. She lied about every person, place, and times of that last time with her daughter. Don't you think, like any other person she should have been a suspect and arrested for being a negilgent mother and...

Will Casey go to jail? [ 12 Answers ]

It turns out that in Louisiana (where Jamie Lynn Spears lives) a 19 yr old having sex with someone under 17 is guilty of statutory rape. There seems to be some conflict on how old the younger Spear's boyfriend is, but some accounts say he's 19. By the way they allegedly met in church. If...

View more questions Search