Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Surround sound delay
    Hello
    When I use my surround sound with my Directv receiver, there is a noticeable delay from the picture on the screen, most noticeable with dialog. HOwever when I watch a DVD, the delay is minimal... usually not at all. Any thought as to why this is happening?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 05:26 AM

How do you have everything connected? Is the DVD player part of the surround sound (ie does the DVD player also power the speakers)?
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 12:50 PM
    The Directv audio outputs go into the receiver, as do the DVD audio optputs.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 08:20 PM

What type of audio connections? What kind of TV is it? Make and model please. What type of video connections to the TV?
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 08:26 PM
    The DVD and Directv both plug into the receiver via rca jacks
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 05:11 AM

What make and model is your TV? How are the devices connected to the TV?

And when you say RCA jacks, are you talking about white and red stereo jacks? Or are you talking about a single digital coax jack?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I hooked up my surround sound the picture is black and white with sound [ 5 Answers ]

I hooked up all of the cables for my surround sound to my TV. When we turn a movie on we get a black and white screen of the movie which is very clear and the sound. We just don't have any color.

Surround sound delay [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've got an el-cheapo durabrand surround sound system that I hooked up to my dish network receiver using an optical cable. The problem is whenever I first turn the TV on, change channels, or pause there is a 30+ second delay before the sound comes on. I have since installed rca outs and it...

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search