Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joliet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 10:46 AM
    I'm on probation for 2 yrs and you would like to transfer my case so I can have a new start with new people and jobsa different enivorment for my kids... how long does it take to get a approve to go to one state to another one.
    joliet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 10:58 AM

I'm on probation for 2 yrs caught at the wrong time... I want to have a new start with my kids in a different state... how long does it take
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joliet View Post
    how long does it take
    Hello j:

Couple months, maybe. It really depends on how efficient a bunch of bureaucrats decide to be.

excon
    I_was_wondering Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 01:29 AM
    My Boyfriend and I are getting married. He has not been sentenced yet but we have a good source that tells us he will be receiving probation at worse. I just moved to New York to finish school, he is still in Texas waiting to go to court in two weeks. Will he have to wait for a transfer or can it be done immediately or even before hand?
    pressleyvmm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 01:23 PM
    My husband and I are in another state were he had court and was put on probation, we have lived all of most of our lives in our state and am now waiting on our state as they say to approve the transfer. Its already been 5 days since we have been here living in a Hotel until they give us the OK to leave. While here neither of us are able to go to work, Our teenage son's staying with family members and all they are telling us now when we call is bluntly no we can't leave and to call them back in 5 more days. There must be a better way. Please HELP!
    mghtmz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 08:16 AM
    Would the same procedure be if it is a minor on probabtion?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 08:26 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-562513.html - yes, it's the same procedure.
    pjessie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 10:58 PM
    My fiancée is in the county jail in pa and I live in nc how do I request for him to be released to my custody in nc when he is eligible?
    tiger1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 10:05 AM
    I put in a transfer to tampa,Florida from IL and I have been denied once already because my Il probation officer let me move and told me to wait for the other probation to contact me. Needless to say I was told I had to leave Florida in 10 days and go back to IL because they did not give me their permisson to be there they also said I have nofamily there. When I returned to IL I refiled on the 31st of August 2011 my IL worker said 45 days she never said the weekends don't count and she has told me nothing. How long does this process take and will I be denied again because of her mess up. My child are in Florida I just want to go home.
    finster1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Hey tommy i have a question for you and i have read what u said above!! I am a resident of york south carolina.. now i was picked up for a dwi in sulfolk county new york just a few months ago.. i served 60 days jail time and received 3 year probay<<< i onely went into ny to work for well i would say 6 months.. now the juge knows i was living in sc but my probation officer who is a lady and young is telling me because i gave them a new york address she's telling me its going to take longer or i don't fit the standers i have my girl friend that's pregnant down in sc famiely and a great suport system also... and i never been in troble in the south... i know wen a probay department has a person they don't want to let go of them because it's a business..?
    mrfrankpereira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 02:24 PM
    My brother was told that he needs to have family members in Nevada in order to transfer there from Rhode Island, where do I find this in writing so I can present it to him?
    jakeyluver39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
    How easy is it to transfer to the state of Florida? My boyfriend wants to move there and live with me so he has a residence and we are currently building a restaurant so he will have a job once that is done but I heard somewhere that Florida is not an easy state to get accepted to. Is that true?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 07:16 AM
    My understanding is that it's about where you're transferring FROM that presents difficulty, not where you're transferring TO - unless, of course, there's a question of a heavy caseload in the "transfer to" State and it is unwilling to take any additional probation.

I believe he needs his own place of residence or a family residence, not a residence with a girlfriend. The State wants a committed partner or family member to co-inhabit.

Have you read this: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-562513.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of probation [ 16 Answers ]

How long will it take to transfer my probation from Michigan to dallas Texas I was put on probation for 12 months on a larceny in building charge that was knock down to a entry without permission charge. The department of correction or my "probation officer" requested that I do 90 days in jail if I...

Interstate Transfer of Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 19 years old, living in NYC. He is on 10 years probation for a sexual offense. He was tried as a youthful offender, and is not required to register as a sex offender. He is employed full time and is in therapy in accordance with the terms of his probation. We are interested in...

Felony probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My younger sister would like to transfer her felony probation from Florida to South Carolina--she still owes the state of Florida fines, etc--does anyone know the requirements to transferring probation--is there a legal process, etc? Any insight would be most appreciated.

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

Probation Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My fiance' is in County Jail on misdemeanor drug charges. He is due to be released August 25 and has one year's probation after his release. The problem arises in the fact that I am in Kansas, where we live, and he has been told that he must serve his probation in Indiana. He has an established...

View more questions Search