Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Forgiving her, in my opinion, is sanctioning what she has done.
    Then you don't understand what forgiveness is.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 09:20 AM

Wondergirl, I wouldn't take this any further if I were you. Thanks.

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Forgiving her, in my opinion, is sanctioning what she has done. I havent said much here about this issue, I guess I dont feel as strongly about it as some others, more or less because I didnt follow the court proceedings as religiously, but I dont think I would ever want to face her without seeing 'blood on her hands' so to speak.

tick
    I completley agree. I am not angry with myself, I do not feel the need to have revenge, I feel the need for her to be punished for what she has done, and since the courts can not or will not do this, I believe God will in th end.
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I completley agree. I am not angry with my self, I do not feel the need to have revenge, I feel the need for her to be punished for what she has done, and since the courts can not or will not do this, I believe God will in th end.
    Bella, it won't be god who punishes her, it will be an angry person with a gun or knife somewhere along the line, maybe in years to come. We won't come to hear of this though, except a byline in a newspaper with her obit.

She has gone into obscurity where she wants to be. I would be quite pleased not having to read anymore here about her.

Did you read about the huskies that were found at a remote camp in Quebec, malnourished, tied to trees. The article said that homes have already been found for seven of these lovely dogs. They didn't say how many had to be put down. Now... bella, I hope the person that did this rots in hell.

Tick
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Wondergirl, I wouldnt take this any further if I were you. Thanks.

tick
    'scuse me for butting in, but that almost sounds like a threat. She showed several reliable sources that explain why forgiving is not condoning or sanctioning. What part of that do you take issue with?
    Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    'scuse me for butting in, but that almost sounds like a threat. She showed several reliable sources that explain why forgiving is not condoning or sanctioning. What part of that do you take issue with?
    I don't mind you buttin in, dwashbur. Why would it be a threat? It was my own personal preference that she and I not pursue the forgiveness issue for my own personal reasons. The post you are referring to, where W outlined, yes those very good reasons, was in answer to Bella's post not mine.

As a matter of fact, how would anyone, me in particular as a long time member here, carry out what you are calling a threat? That is a bit much isn't it ? I am not, as you say, taking an issue with anything.

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 05:26 AM

Tick, I haven't read about the huskies yet. But I can tell you about a similar story from New Brunswick. Some friends and I were camping in a pretty remote area of NB and one night we could hear this bone chilling howling. I mean it scared the crap out of us. The next morning we strapped on the snow shoes and went for a little walk. We came upon this farm with hundreds of huskies in a 1/4 acre penned area. We stopped and chatted to the man, he told us that he uses them for the dog sled races etc. He was feeding them, brushing them, they looked pretty well taken care of. Well a few months had passed and we didn't think much more of it.

The SPCA that I was at- at that time was going in for a 50 dog seizure. Turns out this man had all his best dogs up front, but the poor sick or pregnant ones were kept in a barn. The dogs were emaciated. They all had to be put down because they were feral. Some were young pups less than a year old who didn't make the cut, some were at our guess, around 9 or 10 years of age, with open wounds, maggots, blind, you name it. It was a very sad day. I look at dog sled runners in a new light now.

Okay hijacking over :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 03:15 PM

Well, since I'm not a Christian, I can say that I don't forgive her, and I never will. A beautiful child is gone because of her, and many people not only grieved for that child, but searched for her, prayed that she'd be brought home safely, when Casey knew that she was dead the entire time they were searching.

She lied through her teeth to anyone that would listen, and she got away with murder. That's my opinion, and my firm belief. I don't care that the jury found her not guilty, even they think she did it, and many of them have come forward to say that.

She's not worthy of forgiveness, not from me, and she'll never get it from me. What others do is up to them.

My only hope is that her time on this earth is as difficult as it can be, so that she does have to pay for what she did in some way. I don't wish death on her, I don't hope that someone beats her up, I just want her life to be difficult. She took away a bright shining star from this earth. Her punishment should be fitting.

I doubt very much that God will have to deal with her. She'll never see the pearly gates of heaven. The devil will deal with her. She's going straight to hell, where she belongs, when the time comes.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 04:28 PM

I'm on the same emotional wavelength as Altenweg, but I understand what WG is trying to say. Her (WG) point is not just "Christian", it is universal.

Hatred and anger is a bitter fruit that spoils the tree from which it came. "Forgiveness" is the remedy. Forgiveness is about the forgiv-er, not the person being forgiven.

Certainly, in no conceivable way, does it condone an action or imply what was done is OK.

When Jesus forgave the sinner, he didn't say the action was condoned. He said, "Go, and sin no more".

Forgiveness is one of the most difficult things we will ever do. But it's far better than hatred which keeps us in the evil circle of the Casey Anthonys of this world.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
    I don't mind you buttin in, dwashbur. Why would it be a threat? It was my own personal preference that she and I not pursue the forgiveness issue for my own personal reasons. The post you are referring to, where W outlined, yes those very good reasons, was in answer to Bella's post not mine.

As a matter of fact, how would anyone, me in particular as a long time member here, carry out what you are calling a threat? That is a bit much isn't it ? I am not, as you say, taking an issue with anything.

Tick
    The way it's phrased sounds like there's an "or else" attached to it. I too was wondering how such a threat might be carried out :) but it does in fact sound ominous the way you phrased it. Consider:

Wondergirl, I wouldn't take this any further if I were you. Thanks.
    Now picture, say, Wyatt Earp looking at one of the Clantons, and saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you." That's how the phrasing comes across, at least to me.

"I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'..." ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Toddler [ 6 Answers ]

My 2 year old has been having problem breathing during sleep, sometimes he will stop breathing for like 6 seconds an then take a big gasp for air or cry. His pediatrician thought it wasn't a problem. Today I noticed he is foaming to the mouth while sleeping. I feel he is getting worst. Do you...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search