Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jul 5, 2011, 11:11 AM
    What to say?
    One of my close friends has been staying with me. At first I thought it would be great because I was happy for the company. When she stayed before and did an annoying thing here or there I did not trip because I knew she was staying for a night or two. Now, she has been at my place for about a month, and it doesn't seem like she is making plans to move to her own place. Also she has slept in my bed, leaves trash around more often than I like, and still does when I am not there and this bothers me. We are also supposed to talk soon about sharing bills, but I am feeling that I may need to say something. I understand that I stay with my boyfriend a lot so she probably thinks it is not a big deal.
    The issue is that we are also going into business together; more specifically, she has brought me on to be a major part of a growing organization. The opportunity came at a great time because I recently lost my job, Honestly, I don't have any significant problems with her staying with me, and she has been my friend for years so we get along fine. I just want to bring up a few key things that bother me, but I don't want to seem like an ahole because I didn't really say much about them before. But it does bother me now. I am also the type of person who sends out funny vibes when I am upset with a person and do not want to say anything. People usually pick up on it, and interpret things as worse than what I intend. But, I am just kind of blown that I feel I will have to have this talk about things that I would not do if I came to stay at another person's place. I want to address my issues, but I do not want to make things weird between us for friendship and business. Some advice please!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 12:07 PM

I think you remain calm and cool and tell you there a couple of things you'd like to address with her. And then address them. No blaming anyone, no guilt - just "I know this may not be important to you but it's important to me and ..." Give her the opportunity to think maybe it's you, not her.

And I would have the money conversation sooner rather than later.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jul 5, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the response. I guess I don't want to seem petty, or that my mentioning of it roots into something deeper. I just did not expect some of her habits; or did not realize that these were habits instead of isolated incidences and its starting to get to me..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 06:55 AM

- So you tell her that this and that "get to you." Again, say maybe it's just the way you are BUT... compromise is the answer.

You have two choices - tell her and see what happens and or don't tell her and live like you're living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search