Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gardoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Genie 88 garage door opener
    I have the same problem as everybody else,the door opens about 6 in. and returns right back.
    After reading all the forum , I performed eveything suggested with no success.
    What is the problem? Can it be the starter module? Or what else?
    Thanks
    Gardoor

Check out some similar questions!

Old Genie Garage Door Opener - Gear and Sprocket [ 4 Answers ]

We have an old genie model SP99 garage door opener. The motor stills works, the plastic gear still turns but the door will not open or close without assistance. Could the chain sprocket 'slip' when the gear is turning? When giving assistance the chain does move down the track like normal to it's...

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

Genie Garage Door Malfunction [ 7 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Genie Chain Glide Series GCG or PCG garage door opener. Worked fine until recently when it started making a grinding sound while closing and needed a little tug to get it through the "tough" spot. I cleaned and re-oiled the runners. Still had the problem. I read the manual...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.