Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RLP4047 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional!
    I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to me... I started my period on my birthday, Jan 11 and it was again normal, no problems. Well on Jan 26 I started my period again! This time is heavy again and I am cramping really bad. I have noticed that over the last 6 months or so I have been very emotional, crying about things that I wouldn't normally cry about, example... a old man or woman walking down the street, a freaking baby commercial! I guess I have depression on top of a screwed up monthly cycle. What is going on with me? I have a gyno appt next week (they squeezed me in) but I am wondering.. what is going on? Any ideas?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
    RLP, I just noticed your posting. Sorry no one has gotten back to you. I am answering because I didn't want you to feel ignored. Sometimes questions get lost in the shuffle.

It is good you made an appt with your gyno. I have experienced my cycle going through many changes over the years. It sounds like you have entered the wonderful world of perimenopause! Basically, your periods will stick around but the flow and cramping will not be the same from month to month. You may miss a period. You may get periods that are so heavy that you will think you have turned into Niagara Falls. Then, maybe you will just spot for a few days of the month. This can go on for quite awhile. Mine started getting a bit "wonky" as the brits say, about 10 years ago and I am still going through it. The emotional issues are all a part of it. Ask your doctor if he/she has any info they can give you. But here is a good website to start with

Perimenopause - MayoClinic.com

If you need additional info, you can do an Internet Search. There is a lot of stuff out there. Your doc may be able to suggest a good book to read. I haven't looked for any because I am not having major emotional swings. Frankly, I am happy about it and have been anxiously awaiting for it to just stop altogether. I will be so happy to be done with the cramping and tiredness that I am thinking about throwing myself a party!

Hope this helped.:)
    RLP4047 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Thanks for the response. This is what I am thinking too. We will see. - thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy periods, endometrial polyp [ 14 Answers ]

I had an endometrial polyp removed in Dec 05. I also had some small fibfoids but these were not removed as they were within the uterine muscle & my OBGYN said it was all right to leave them. I had a very heavy period 2 weeks after surgery which was very heavy & had many blood clots. This went...

Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to bleed for up to 8 days? Does it pose a health problem if toward the last days the periods are brown in colour like very old blood? Can it cause an infection?

Heavy periods after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage in May of this year (2006), I tried to let nature take its course however, I had to be admitted to hospital because the bleeding was very heavy (soaking a sanitary pad in less than hour) and I eventually had to have a D & C, whilst doing the D & C they found a cyst and took a...

View more questions Search