Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    metallicite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Network path was not found
    Hi, I have had 2 desktop computers running off a DSLmodem/router for a while now, both can access the internet and both can share files and printers etc to each other.

Now that I have bought a Laptop I have tried to connect it up to everything as well. I have managed to get internet working through the Laptop but sharing with the other desktops is not working.

I have given the Laptop the same workgroup name as the desktops ("Workgroup") and used the network wizzard but:

1. When I click on "View workgroup computers" on my Laptop it comes up with
    "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"

2. When I click on "View workgroup computers" on one of my desktops all three computers show up however when I click on my Laptop it comes up with
    "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The network path was not found"

So the desktops seem to know the laptop is there but can't access it? Any help?

Cheers,

Hayden

***A quick update, Im a dumba55, I hadn't tried to disabled the Norton firewall on my Laptop yet! When I tried that I can now access my Laptop info from my desktops, however I still cannot see the desktops from my Laptop in "View workgroup computers".

One of my main reasons for this was that I could print documents off my Laptop through the desktop printer and I presume this will all follow once I am able to view all computers from my Laptop as I have tried to "add printer" on my Laptop and search for the printer through the network and it has come up with nothing.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Please take a look at this Microsoft Support Document regarding not being able to see Workgroup computers in XP, I think it will help solve your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The network path was not found [ 12 Answers ]

I try to connect my laptop to the desktop at home, after connecting all the required wires, the internet sharing is working, I can using the laptop online. The problem is when I clicked "My network place" I could not see both computers, therefore I cannot shares all the files from both...

The network path was not found [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem in my network I'm connected to two pcs directly through cat.5 yellow color cable. In pc1 I can brows p2 but pc2 can't show me pc1 when I try to find pc1 it gives me an error " The network path was not found " guide me where I'm doing mistake.. :o

Network path not found ! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed a fresh windows 2003 server, and created just one user for testing purpose, and shared one directory on a different partion on the same hard disk. The problem is : I can log in with the user administrator from the workstation "WIN-XP running the latest update...

Network Path Not Found [ 1 Answers ]

I setup ADSL modem+router+firewall from one client computer on win 2003 domain server. Internet sharing is working fine within the network with IP class 192.168.16.x But the problem raise when I want to browse the mapping drive that had been set on the client computer I set the ADSL modem. I got...

View more questions Search