Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VampLove Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 10:05 PM
    Social Anxiety?
    I've been wondering for a while if I have social anxiety, I really need to get a job but I don't think I can deal with the people at a work place. I get really nervous and shy around everyone and can't stand talking to new people or even people I grew up with really. I have a weird feeling that I'll get judged. I have a Dr. Appointment set up and I was going to mention it to him thinking maybe he could suggest something? I don't leave my house really unless it's with my boyfriend or a family member either. Am I just shy or does it sound like I have social anxiety?
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 12:08 AM

I'm not a professional but my ex partner has social anxiety and few of the things you said add up. He avoids going places, once he avoids one place, he avoids it forever. These places begin to add up, its visious cycle. Its all to do with thinking he is being judged. There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't mention it to your doctor, it might be worth it.

There are tablets you can take for this problem but beware, they only tackle certain symptoms of anxiety. You should seek out a therapy too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Anxiety Disorder, I think I have it [ 4 Answers ]

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/29zqS8/www.socialanxietysupport.com/ I think I have social Anxiety Disorder, my behavior matches it perfectly... but I'm not able to see a shrink or any time soon and I need to deal with my worries like now because its conflicting my life. Is there a way I can deal...

Social anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

I suffer from social anxiety I hate going out by myself as I feel scared I don't no why I do I just do, when I walk past people in the street my breathing goes funny and I get so scared when I'm on the bus or on a course I get so scared in the room everyone looks at me funny. I've been diagnosed...

Social Anxiety. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The...

Social Anxiety [ 4 Answers ]

For as long as I can remember I haven't been comfortable around other people. Its almost impossible for me to relax unless Im alone or with one or two other people that I know really well. Im a 17 and in high school, so pretty much around people all the time. I don't really talk to people at...

Social anxiety? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16. First of all, I'm seeing psychiatrist for two years because of depressions, and neurologist because of chronic migraines (I have problems with attending school because of this - I'm usually at school five or six times a month). My oldest brother has died when I was 4. He was taking...

View more questions Search