Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwcbmh2011 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 12:28 PM
    How long does it take to transfer probation from Florida to Kentucky?
    I am on probation in Florida, and I am needing to move to Kentucky to take care of my sick mother who was injured very badly in a car accident.

The questions I have are

How long would it take to get it transferred?
    Where it's a family emergency, will it be approved any faster?
    What do I need to do?

I am needing it done ASAP because of the family emergency I am having, I'm meeting with my probation officer in a few days to get the ball rolling.

Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 01:00 PM

Excon posted a sticky at the top of this section on how to transfer probation. You should go in person and talk this over with your PO and prove that mama is in the hospital or whatever and you are desparately needed to move there and take care of her. If you can't prove this chances are the transfer won't happen as quickly as it should or you think it should. PO's are hip to phoney excuses so don't be surprised if your request meets with the "prove it to me" type answer. If you have all the proof ahead of time the PO is more willing to help and go along with your request. They have been burned too many times with phoney requests for supposed emergencies in the past so they are kind of cold hearted now and don't just take your word for it type thing.. It may or may not speed up anything as Kentucky still has to approve the transfer.

This should probably take a few months as nobody is in any big hurry to do anything at the probation office.

Jul 2, 2011, 05:56 PM
    twinkiedooter, I have talked to my probation officer, and he said it could possibly take up to 3 months to get it taken care of.

I told him the situation and he did ask for proof so I am going to take him her mri's and probably a statement from a doctor.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2011, 06:13 PM

Yes it can take from one month to around three months,

The PO could give you temp permission to visit there

Jul 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
    I actually got back today from permission to visit there, and I didn't think she was in as bad of shape as she is in.

I go this week to speak with my PO I'm just nervous because I really need to go now and I cant!
    Expert

Jul 2, 2011, 07:36 PM

Any suggestion of you bringing them to where you are at

Jul 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
    That's not possible, because my dad has worked the job he is at for 22 years. Plus all of his family is in Kentucky.

Jul 2, 2011, 08:25 PM
    I didn't include all of the information that I should have. I apoligize

She broke her back about a month or so ago.

I left Florida (with travel permission) to go up to Kentucky to help out with a few things.

I didn't think she was in that bad of a shape until I had gotten there.

My dad works 70 sometimes 80 hours a week and cannot take care of her.

She is receiving a check for social security disabilities due to past injuries before this one.

I hope this is a little big more information to clarify a few things.

Jul 4, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Still looking for more on a time frame, and where it's a family emergency can it be expedited
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 07:23 AM

First, dad perhaps need to cut down on the hours he works, to help take care of his own wife. We often have to change our own routines at times.

Next they need to look into home health care agencies that will provide trained people to help with some duties.

Plus you said that other family live there, that means until you can move, they have to help do things also.

All of a sudden your story makes it a lot less of an emergancy. Sorry just reviewing the facts the way a PO may

Jul 4, 2011, 08:00 AM
    I do understand that. I go talk to my PO tomorrow. I will post what he says on here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on probation transfer to Florida [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 18 and pregnant. Her and the father of her unborn child are living with me. We currently live in Maryland but my job has relocated me to Florida. He is on disability due to social anxiety and learning disabilities. She only works part time and will only be able to do so for a few...

Questions on probation transfer to Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have a second question on probation. Is it possible to obtain permission for him to leave if I bring him back for his monthly visits? Some months he just calls in. He has been compliant and is taking the required coarses. The cost of the drug classes and probation are barely covered by his...

Transfer Probation from one County To another IN Florida [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just went to court today got 120 days in jail and 8 months probation when he gets out. Its for first degree misdemeanor charges. He want to move in with me when he gets out and move out of the county he was living in. To the county where I live in. Its in the state of Florida. He won't...

Ct to Florida probation transfer [ 9 Answers ]

My probation officer put in the paper work for a ct to fla probation transfer. My mother and step father had a roll over accident and they aren't able to do much. He is having more surgery in January and my mother can't care for her self, let alone her 80 year old husband. It was put through as a...

Transfer probation from New York to Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I left New York in march of this year and told my probation officer I moved,but got no response from him regarding the transfer from one state to another.what can I expect in the future? I always check with the sheriff to see about a warrant,but the all say I am clean in this state.I only have 1...

View more questions Search