Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Oviparity (fly)
    Hello.

I got from my teacher a homework to do some experiment about fly oviparity.

So I tried it for 4 weeks,and now how do I make the fly produce more eggs?

For example if there some food that I can give them or to put them in some specific temperature?

Hope you understand me. :)

Thanks.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2011, 12:26 PM

Okay, I did some research and 2 of the 3 sites I found contained too many varieties of flies :eek:

If you wish to go through them:
    Fly Breeding Sites
    Fly Control: Fly Breeding Sites: Drains, Manure, Carcasses; Where Flies Breed

The last one has got some information. The author was using dead carcasses (raw meat) for that.
    Protein from Thin Air: Breeding fly maggots for poultry feed
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    Hi. Many thanks I will check them.
    I hope is what I looking for.
    Again I want to thank you for your answer. :)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2011, 11:16 PM

Otherwise, I'm sorry, because I didn't find any more relevant sites :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I fly to see him, even though he said it's over? [ 9 Answers ]

This is a rather long and complicated story, but I would appreciate any feedback from anyone prepared to read it! At the beginning of the year I broke up with my ex because I was moving to Europe to do an internship for a year. We agreed that we should be free to be with other people, but we...

ID for fly? [ 1 Answers ]

My passport has expired visa, so can I fly between US states with my US ID or my internasional ID?

Come fly away [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 100% disabled air force veteran and I would like to know if I can use my retired/or disabled veteran/military card to get travel discounts? My card looks like an active duty card but is grey and gives me a lot of the active duty benefits.

Help With Fly:( [ 3 Answers ]

I have no idea how this started I think a fly flew in threw the window but noew like over a month later I come in and see 2 big ones flying around which I got rid of but there are all these little ones because the big ones where laying eggs or whatever I think obviously I need to get rid of the...

Fly help [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We have a summer home and when we moved in discovered a dead animal in the chimney. The house is now infested with flies. We have bought products ourself but are still discovering flies a week later. Anyone had any experience with this gross incident? We have and keep...

View more questions Search