Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooklyn20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Filing for 2 states?
    I lived in IL and worked full time through July.. then moved to TN and worked here the remainder of the year. Do I file for both or just one? I know Tn doesn't have state taxes but IL does. I'm confused? Help please.. Thanks! :)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 10:00 PM
    You file as a part-year resident for Illinois for the income earned in Illinois.
    taxguy101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 08:40 AM
    When I filed, I went to Tax Return and e file services at ExpressTaxRefund.com and just requested a multi-state return to be prepared for me and it was setup within minutes.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Sounds good.

However, don't let them talk you into a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL). They are rip-offs!
    brooklyn20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Thank you both for the answers... I'm planning on just getting my taxes done somewhere so it's done right. If I touch it I will more than likely screw something up. Thanks again for your help.. I appreciate it! :)
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing from 2 states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new on this forum, but would like to know how I'm suppose to file my taxes. My husband is in the military, and is able to keep his state of residence in Georgia, so he can file all through Georgia. I lived there most of the year, and worked there most of the year, and then we moved to...

Filing in two states [ 1 Answers ]

While in school in SC I had a part time job. I was also renting an apartment. I am now done with school in back in FL where I now work. My parents claim me but do I need to file two states?

Filing taxes for 2 states [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I normally do my taxes myself but for 2006, I'm a bit confused. I am a CA resident and worked in California for part of the year (8 months) and I paid CA state tax. Then for the remainder of the year, I worked in Connecticut (and paid CT state tax) -- even though I still have a CA drivers...

Filing in two states [ 2 Answers ]

I was in Grad school in Ohio at the beginning of 2006 until May where I was getting a stipend. Now I moved back to Maryland and have a full time job and own my own business. To I have to file taxes in both states even thought my perment address has always been in Maryland? Plus I want to...

Filing Tax for 2 states [ 1 Answers ]

I am working as a software consultant in IOWA and my employer is in NJ. My employer has given me a w 2 which is for NJ. I have worked in IOWA only in last year. I did not earn any income in NJ. Because my employer is in NJ, my withheld state tax goes is going to NJ. For which state Should I file...

View more questions Search