Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2011, 02:14 PM
    The lawyer is the best person to handle the case,if anything call him not the po. I doubt for that type of violation that he would get 5 years,it can happen but rarely. Friends of mine who violated got anywhere from 3-8 months. Isn't there a way to put credit on your sons books so he can make a phone call to his po. Chuck gave sound advice.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2011, 02:16 PM
    A lawyer should be able to give you some general idea at what he is looking at for the violation and if he gets convicted of the new charge.
    kat76522 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rainacidbeer View Post
    The lawyer is the best person to handle the case,if anything call him not the po. I doubt for that type of violation that he would get 5 years,it can happen but rarely. Friends of mine who violated got anywhere from 3-8 months. Isn't there a way to put credit on your sons books so he can make a phone call to his po. Chuck gave sound advice.
    I would have called the lawyer but he didn't get one assigned yet and you can't put money on the books for phonecalls :( only commisary and only collect calls and I only called his P O once and my husband once we won't call her and o more
    Thank you

Jun 30, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rainacidbeer View Post
    A lawyer should be able to give you some general idea at what he is looking at for the violation and if he gets convicted of the new charge.
    I had talked to his lawyer for POM charge on Monday for a whole min he said 5 years is possible but there are other options like rehab etc and he said he can't tell me nothing else unless he gets assigned to the case or read his file . We were just notified by him that he is his lawyer last Friday and he was arrested Saturday after work
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 08:11 PM

I will agree the 5 years is possible, but it is also possible the judge will just say, back on probation. The extreme of both sides.

As noted, it appears he is making some bad choices, so the judge if there are openings may do one of the shock programs, or do something like several months in jail.
    The other option that I see locally, is that they keep them in jail a few months before the probation hearing, and then just give them time served and release them.

Jul 1, 2011, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I will agree the 5 years is possible, but it is also possible the judge will just say, back on probation. The extreme of both sides.

As noted, it appears he is making some bad choices, so the judge if there are openings may do one of the shock programs, or do something like several months in jail.
    The other option that I see locally, is that they keep them in jail a few months before the probation hearing, and then just give them time served and release them.
    We just found out court is July 15th

Jul 1, 2011, 07:10 AM

I also just found out that the reason she put in for an MTR is because he came up hot 3 times in 5 years on his drug test and that's 3 violation of the same kind That's the reason why he is in county... and that's why she wants to revoke him

Jul 1, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello kat:

She might... It's his job to present mitigating evidence, which I believe he HAS. If he can't present it articulately, he needs a lawyer to do it for him.

excon
    Could you read my last post and tell me what you t hink... TY
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kat76522 View Post
    he came up hot 3 times in 5 years on his drug test and thats 3 violation of the same kind THATS the reason why he is in county .........and thats why she wants to revoke him
    Hello again, k:

What SHE wants to do should be EXPECTED! She's a COP. She LOVES to bust people! It probably makes her wet. Don't pay ANY attention to what SHE wants. Yours and your sons job is to present the best case before the judge that CAN be presented.

She's going to tell him about three dirty tests... Ok, THAT'S what she's going to do... YOU, on the other hand, should present a stack of LETTERS from the community telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is.. YOU should have a letter from his BOSS telling the judge what a wonderful worker your son is. If you can get him to COME, do it. YOU should have people from the community AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person he is. A pastor would be PERFECT. YOU should have a golden tongued lawyer AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is. YOUR son should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person he is. YOU, his mother, should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person your son is.

WITHOUT that, all the judge has to go by is what the PO tells him..

excon

Jul 1, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Hello again, k:

What SHE wants to do should be EXPECTED!! She's a COP. She LOVES to bust people! It probably makes her wet. Don't pay ANY attention to what SHE wants. Yours and your sons job is to present the best case before the judge that CAN be presented.

She's gonna tell him about three dirty tests... Ok, THAT'S what she's gonna do...YOU, on the other hand, should present a stack of LETTERS from the community telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is.. YOU should have a letter from his BOSS telling the judge what a wonderful worker your son is. If you can get him to COME, do it. YOU should have people from the community AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person he is. A pastor would be PERFECT. YOU should have a golden tongued lawyer AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is. YOUR son should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person he is. YOU, his mother, should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person your son is.

excon
    That's what we going to do:) Thank you... :) I aprechiate you and the other for taking the time to help me with my stress:) I let you know what happenes or when I hear something new... im glad I came across you guys makes me feel like I'm not alone in t his...

Jul 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Hello again, k:

What SHE wants to do should be EXPECTED!! She's a COP. She LOVES to bust people! It probably makes her wet. Don't pay ANY attention to what SHE wants. Yours and your sons job is to present the best case before the judge that CAN be presented.

She's gonna tell him about three dirty tests... Ok, THAT'S what she's gonna do...YOU, on the other hand, should present a stack of LETTERS from the community telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is.. YOU should have a letter from his BOSS telling the judge what a wonderful worker your son is. If you can get him to COME, do it. YOU should have people from the community AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person he is. A pastor would be PERFECT. YOU should have a golden tongued lawyer AT the hearing telling the judge what a wonderful person your son is. YOUR son should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person he is. YOU, his mother, should have a PREPARED statement to tell the judge what a wonderful person your son is.

excon
    They send him to waco till his court date.. who decides in county who get moved to another jail because there are not enough bed's.. I don't know why they send him... waco is too far for me to go visit...
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 03:44 PM

Too many factors, security level ( risk) length of time they expect him to be in. Does he match the requirements to be held in another jail ( they will pay for bed space)

So the person making the choices could even be a lower level jail employee. But there will normally be Chief Deputy or someone appointed to be over the jail by the sheriff. And the sheriff is the one over it all

Jul 3, 2011, 04:47 PM
    Too many factors, security level ( risk) length of time they expect him to be in. Does he match the requirements to be held in another jail ( they will pay for bed space)

So the person making the choices could even be a lower level jail employee. But there will normally be Chief Deputy or someone appointed to be over the jail by the sheriff. And the sheriff is the one over it all
    I called and asked them but they just said if a bed become available before court he comes back to coryell county I just don't understand why didn't they send the new people ts not just him it was 2 others... well I know or at least thing he is not "high risk" he violated probation because of weed... I mean me personally don't see that as HIGH RISK lol but don't know how they think I was just wondering tthey did say he'll be back for his court date next week or sooner if they have a bed... one more question though he proberly can't call me now because Securus does not serve mclennan county b ut anyway if they already ordered comissary and he was late for that then he won't have stamps to even write to us ahhhhhhhh I'm sorry I just never dealt with it and I'm lost :mad:
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 04:59 PM

It could be that he was a low risk that he got sent, remember the other jail is merely housing them for money. So they may require that the lowest level or less risk prisoners be sent.

New prisoners have to be prossed in the local prison, appear at first appearance and more. So probation violation may be a common issue to be moved for.

Jul 3, 2011, 05:07 PM
    It could be that he was a low risk that he got sent, remember the other jail is merely housing them for money. So they may require that the lowest level or less risk prisoners be sent.

New prisoners have to be prossed in the local prison, appear at first appearance and more. So probation violation may be a common issue to be moved for.
    Hey if you have a free min go check out the webpage I found that don't even look like a jail
    http://www.cecintl.com/facilities_sf_tx_017.html
    I did a reverse number look up for directions and this is what I came up with the sheriff dept said that this is the number he is going too??
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 05:53 PM

That is a private jail / prison. It is owned by a company that just rents bed space to the state or county. Many jails find it is cheaper to pay them than keep prisoners in their own jails. Others use it for over staffing.

This page off you link, gives you the address of each facility, just click on the dot that is the one you want to go to

CEC

Jul 3, 2011, 06:54 PM
    That is a private jail / prison. It is owned by a company that just rents bed space to the state or county. Many jails find it is cheaper to pay them than keep prisoners in their own jails. Others use it for over staffing.

This page off of you link, gives you the address of each facility, just click on the dot that is the one you want to go to

CEC
    Thank you Chuck he just tried to call me now I have to establish another pre paid account grrrrrrrrrrr soon I be broke and homeless :eek:

Jul 29, 2011, 09:08 PM
    Hi there
    Just wanted to update you since you and excon been so helpful and I do soooooooo aprichiate you guys... well when we went to court the prosecuter wanted him to do 2 years in TDCJ with a lot of talking to the head of the PO the lawyer and my son they told him he'll pay all the money on the 29 th which was today then he will be released on Monday and the posseion charge will be dissmissed so when he goes back to court on Monday (I already paid the money he owed ) then he should be able to come home and be done with his probation and everything... I still don't know how they went from 2 years TDCJ to OK pay the money serve the rest of your time in county and go home and the weed charge be dismissed?! I mean I'm not complaining it's just weired lol I just wanted to come in here and thank you guys and who ever answered THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to ease my mind a little xoxoxoxxoxo to you guys!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kat76522 View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to ease my mind a little xoxoxoxxoxo to you guys !!!!!!!!!
    Hello again, kat:

You're welcome...

Come on, Padre. Our work is done.

excon
    Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 06:51 AM

You know excon if you or I did this, it would be black mail, to get money, the state does it, and they call it Justice. Money paid in full, he walks.

Poor people stay in jail, people who can pay get out,

*** I am glad he got out, just the system makes me so mad sometimes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation- didn't pee but signed failed for hydrocodone to probation [ 10 Answers ]

misdemeanor probation violation one was dismissed I was released 6/10 /10 I violated for a random drug screen by admitting I wouldn't pass probby didn't make me pee but had to sign waiver, he felt bad I was falling apart I'm on felony agg. Battery charges brought to simple battery on probation for...

Violation of Probation, Maryland Shoplifting PBJ/Violation due to Urine Test [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 year old niece was arrested three times within a week for shoplifting. The first was under $200 worth of electronics she was stopped with before leaving the store, A few days later, she was caught stealing small items totaling under $20 from two stores in a shopping mall. This resulted in 2...

Second violation but first formal probation violation sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was violated on informal probation and sentenced 30 days. Now he's on formal probation and was violated. What will he be sentenced?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

View more questions Search