Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsC.Roberts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 04:36 PM
    When CPS removes my child from her father's custody how long until I get her?
    My daughter is currently in the custody of her father and CPS is doing an investigation on him. The Cps worker has told me she is extremely concerned about my daughter due to the evidence I presented to her. She is currently trying to get approval to obtain custody of her. If she does remove her from him, how long until I will get her?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 05:50 PM

Is there a reason why you don't have custody? Just because dad isn't fit doesn't mean you have become fit. I have to wonder why you didn't get custody to begin with. Obviously there was a reason. Is that reason still prevalent?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2011, 06:29 PM

There is no way we can answer this question. We have no idea of the caseload of the social worker. Of what her intentions are. As Alty said, if you didn't get custody, there had to be a reasons. So you may need to be investigated to determine whether you are a fit parent. There are too many questions here to be able to answer you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 08:06 PM

First why do you assume or even think you will get custody. And you may not get it automatically. You will have to file in court to be granted custody.

And if there were any reasons you were denied custody before those issues will have to be dealt with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do we get custody when cps is involved [ 9 Answers ]

My fiancé has 2 children. Their mother who recently got out of prison(for the 2nd time) has them right now. We have agreed to do every other week with the children. CPS was involved (they have not been communicating with us at all)the mother and grandmother(who said they gave her guardian ship...

Father's right custody/child support [ 1 Answers ]

I am the father of a 2 years old little girl. She is leaving with her mother in Florida, I am in New Jersey. We never been married. She left for Florida when she was pregnant. She has the physical custody. I pay child support -1500$ per month-, pay for the benfits of my daughter and her life...

Child support/custody/father's rights [ 7 Answers ]

Ha... spoken like two women scorned by men who don't love them.

View more questions Search